chapter forty.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

CHAPTER 40: LIFE GOES ON

❝ we are from the original family, and from us, all vampires were created

❝ we are from the original family, and from us, all vampires were created. ❞

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

IF THERE IS ONE THING ENOLA KNOWS, IT IS THAT LIFE GOES ON. People change and love transforms and our hearts break and grow within us. The things we once wanted fade into new hope, we lose those we thought we would never lose, and we walk away from those we never thought we would walk away from. If there is one thing Enola knows, it is that even through all of its confusion, even through the messiness of our existence, life continues. We must push on.

Which is why Enola decided to skip the entire next week of school. Life goes on. And she desperately needed a break. From everything. And when she was finally ready to integrate herself back into society, she was immediately roped into her sister's shenanigans. Apparently during her recuperation week, Klaus had made an appearance in the body of Alaric and wreaked havoc at the sixties dance. In an attempt to gain more knowledge on the bloodthirsty and crafty original, the wonder twins snuck into the Salvatore Boarding House with a very stupid plan.

"Katerina," Elijah gasped awake.

"Not quite," Enola hummed, toying with the dagger in her hands.

Elijah stilled. And then he jolted upwards like a magnetic force. His body slammed into the stone wall before hitting the ceiling with dramatic force that made the twins cringe and pray to god Stefan and Damon didn't hear. Suddenly he was standing in front of them with a painful expression washing across his face.

"I—I can't breathe! What is happening to me?" Elijah panicked, clawing at his chest in pain.

"You haven't been invited in," Elena realized, remembering how the deed to the house was currently in her name.

"I can't be in this house," Elijah grunted. Without a word, Elijah used enhanced speed to rush out of the house. The wonder twins shared a quick look before scurrying after him. They found the original standing on the front porch with a hand on his chest as he panted heavily before fixing them with an annoyed glare. "What happened?"

"Shh! Not here." Elena shushed before pointing to her ears. "Can I trust you?"

"Can I trust you?" Elijah shot back.

Enola didn't answer. She instead held out the mystical dagger that could send him into yet another long slumber if need be. He, of course, eyed it skeptically before accepting it into his own hands graciously.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Enola was in the driver's seat with Elijah sitting in the passenger and Elena in the back. The Original wore a deep scowl as he sipped on the blood bag that had procured before they left. Stefan and Damon were not going to be happy once they realized what they had done, but they had no other choice. Klaus was in town and Elijah was the only one who could help them.