chapter fifty three.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

CHAPTER 53: CHERRY SCONES

❝ the life of your sister in exchange for the life of my brother

❝ the life of your sister in exchange for the life of my brother. ❞

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

IT SKIPS A GENERATION. Goodness skips a generation because Enola saw that same old familiar smirk in Jeremy. She immediately knew that he would one day grow up to be the same dead-inside stressed teenager that she was. Her mother might have been a monster but she is too because this world takes everything you have and bakes it into cherry scones. They don't know that her soul is an endless well of guilt and goodness is stolen from her by the bucketful. The universe knows that she is just a child that is still scared of the dark.

Goodness skips a generation but recklessness is a weapon that only the youth knows how to wield. And so Enola will stay up all night and cry. Until she can no longer see and until her throat is raw. She will work until fate is wrapped around her perfectly manicured finger. She may not be good but she can wear innocence like a mask and you will never know how good bad can be until it skips a generation.

"Jeremy got fired," Elena informed. She spotted her sister seated at the bar with a half empty bottle of tequila in front of her as she stared into space. She went to question her sister on how she procured a bottle of alcohol when she was underage but then she spotted a familiar raven haired vampire who was just as drunk near the dart board. She sighed. "Damon, please tell me you didn't compel my sister a bottle of alcohol."

"I didn't compel your sister a bottle of alcohol," Damon smirked, stumbling over. "I compelled myself a bottle of alcohol and offered to share."

"Why would you do that?" Elena asked in exasperation.

"Because it looked like she needed it more," Damon shrugged. "Caroline slept with Tyler, she was stabbed by Mikael, she was saved by Klaus after he was saved by Stefan and killed Mikael. We have a lot of reasons to drink. Would you like to join us?"

"What—No!" Elena scowled, face only softening when she turned to face her sister. "Why don't we get you home?"

Enola threw back a shot before Elena took the bottle away. She hated seeing her sister like this. She hated that no one else seemed to care. She wished there was something she could do to ease the pain but she knew that at the end of the day that there was nothing she could do.

"Just the people I was looking for," An annoyingly familiar voice hummed merrily, approaching them at the bar with a bright grin.

"Klaus," Elena scowled.

"You're going to do this in the grill, in front of everyone? It's a little beneath you, don't you think?" Damon immediately sobered up to take a protective stance in front of the twins.