chapter-20

How dumb. part-1

.........................................................................

{elliot pov)

Her body rested on the bed as I watched over her. she looks so fragile, it breaks my heart seeing her there almost lifeless. she's just a shell, an empty vessel of the soul that was once bright and now it's simply dull...

It's been like three days since I found her and ever since then I haven't left her side even though she hasn't spoken much. I can tell she doesn't want me here. and yet here I am still trying to be there for her even if it's wrong. The emotions that have been swimming within me began to boil over as my fear for her well being began to cloud my judgement...

She tossed and turned in bed as she kept her eyes shut until the tension within the room exploded and her big dull eyes opened as she sat up in bed...

"why are you still here"

Her voice shook as her eyes traveled until they found me sitting in a chair with a book in my hand. The look on her pale face was enough to make me choose my words carefully. Outside the skies roared with upcoming thunder and rain. oh great the sky is weeping at my demise...

"i'm here to take care of you"

She scoffed at my reply before getting out of bed and walking out of the room. I got up and followed her even though it only pissed her off more...

"you are not my guardian angel you don't need to take care of me, so just leave and leave me alone"

Hmmm

it's all that came out of my mouth.

She glared at me like a snake ready to attack its prey. She ignored me and went into the kitchen to get a glass of juice...

"I want you out of my home and out of my life, the fact that you saved me after everything I did proves that you are insane". She returned to her bedroom, locking me out in the process. FUCK is all i could say as i stood outside of her bedroom...

The fear of the unknown began to eat away at me as memories of the past ran throughout my mind making it difficult to catch my breath...

Hours went by and the fear grew with intensity.

(Melody pov)

My mind screamed for relief and yet it never came . To think he saved me after everything i did? is insane and it drives me crazy to know he loves me. The fact that we slept together and shared a connection is even worse. I mean how can we be together?...

None of this makes sense.

He must be insane.

I must be insane too and it is not fair.

How can love be a thing when pain and suffering has only existed between us. How can butterflies flap their wings within our souls and make us feel such emotions?. I don't get it...

How can two people who have hurt one another still find that glimpse of hope called love?. How is it possible for them not to hate each other?...

Love can't fix everything right?

Is not possible.

That day that our bodies became one was absolutely terrifying and yet I often dream of those events. Even though I kicked him out of my house I wanted him to stay. How naïve isn't it?. To want something that you cannot have...

It's ridiculous.

And yet I wished to be his again. Yet the fear of our past paralyzes me.

How dumb right?.

.................................................................
M

eh