chapter-29

Is this love.

..................................................................

(Melody pov)

We promised to keep loving each other and we prayed that the pain of the past wouldn't separate us again but then this story would be a happier ever after and unfortunately our story is more complicated. So here we are trying to live our lives through the endless echoes of the non stop chanting of voices saying that we are cursed and that our relationship is rotten. It's been two weeks of sneaking around to avoid getting caught by my parents and sneaking around public in order to shush down the whispers of the town people. It hasn't been easy but we are trying to have a normal relationship...

I woke up to find him sleeping next to me as we laid on the fluffy carpet in my clubhouse. This is our safe place and so we spent much of our time here. I stared at him and for a split second the memory of his younger brother popped into my mind making me sit up and close my eyes in order to stop remembering him...

This phenomenon has been happening more lately as it seems our past hasn't let go of us yet. I sigh and laid down again. I cannot keep living in the past. It isn't healthy. We need to lay the past to rest in order to regain our peace...

I ended up getting up and going outside to catch my breath. I return back inside to find Elliot awake and sitting up looking paler than usual. "Hey what's wrong?, you don't look well". He ran a hard through his hair before masking his true feelings underneath his flawless mask. "I'm fine, hey we should go eat, I'm hungry ". Is he really hungry or just shifting the focus onto something else?. Anyways we headed out to go get some food as we walked together he suddenly let go of my hand...

"Give me a second, I just need to sit down".

He said as his face looked drained of all color he sat down on the sidewalk of a corner store near the food truck we were going to. I wondered if he was not feeling well and if it was because of his sickness. "Are you feeling ok?". I asked as curiosity creeped up on me as he glanced up at me. He smiled and I could tell it was fake. "I'm fine, just a little tired so uh what do you want to eat from the food truck?". He asked as he pushed himself off of the floor and up onto his feet which looked a little unsteady...

I nodded my head and took his hand within my grasp before walking to the truck. We order tacos and a plate of rice with beans and fajita. We then ordered drinks and headed back to the clubhouse. It takes us about twenty minutes to get there but well there is no biggie...

Once back we proceeded to eat our food even if Elliot looked like he was forcing down his food...

"Elliot, if you are not feeling well then by all means let me take care of you".

He glanced at me and tried to smile but his face suddenly got flushed and he gagged a little. "Oh pardon me, I uh excuse me". The oh pardon me made me slightly amused but then he stood up and stepped outside. He always tries to be funny when he's sick or in pain. I guess it is a safety mechanism or something. I stood up as well and went outside to find him puking on some bushes. Once he was done he wiped his mouth and turned towards the clubhouse to find me watching him...

"Of course...you would be there watching me, I guess the food didn't agree with me huh?".

He slightly chuckled. He is trying so hard to act like he is fine and for my sake too. I stepped closer to him and placed my hand on his forehead and sure enough he had a fever...

"OK, come on let's get you inside and you need to rest".

I said as I pointed towards the house. He chuckled at my bossy attitude as he walked and I followed behind him...

Once inside.

I watched him strip his shirt off and tossed it towards the dirty laundry basket. My eyes traced his upper body as he kneeled down and sat down on a beanbag seat. I walked towards him and sat down next to him. "Have you been going to the doctor's office?". I asked him as he seemed to be lost in deep thoughts. He nodded his head slowly and gripped my hand within his. "Yeah, they offered more medicine but the side effects of all those pills well I'm not up for it". There was a hint of anger swimming throughout his calm words. I squeezed his hand a bit as I began to think about the fact that he is sick and will eventually lose the battle...

The thought of him possibly losing his life made me climb onto him. I wrapped my arms around his neck as we stared at one another, our gazes locking onto each other as electricity ran through our veins. He smiled brightly as his dimples appeared and there was a dreadful glimmer that screamed out for help within his gorgeous eyes. It made me frown slightly as I became terrified of losing him. "Ah no, don't be sad kitten, everything will be fine". He reassured me as he placed his right hand on my waist. He then kissed me as I melted into butter...

We laid next to each other simply staring at the ceiling that is filled with glowing stars and hearts that I personally decorate. Soft music played in the background as we cuddled closer. "You know, coming back to this town was extremely difficult but I'm glad I did because I was able to fall in love with you all over again". He whispered as his fingers caressed my collar bone. I chuckled softly as it tickled, making him grin a toothy grin. Which made his dimples pop out more in an adorable way. This peacefulness has warmed my cold heart to the point it doesn't hurt to breathe anymore. The ever so uplifting spirits within our safe place has made it feel like a home. I wish to stay in this peacefulness for the rest of my life if possible and I don't ever want to let go of it...

This is love.

.........................................................................

A/N

I'm doing better which is great.

How are yall?.

What do yall think about my story so far?.

Do yall have any ideas on how to make the story better?.

Also please don't forget to vote or comment or even share this story.

😊💯❤✌

P.s

This book has been rough to write lol.