chapter-14

💔Broken

Previously
...........................................................

(Elliot POV)

I closed my eyes as memories flooded my mind. I huffed as tears threatened to spill yet I jumped as I heard Melody's voice approaching me. She looked tired as if she didn't have enough energy to hide her tiredness today. I glanced at her and felt a rage burning throughout me. How can I possibly love her?. After everything that happened. How is it possible? I don't understand it. I looked away and felt sick to my stomach as I had been drinking earlier today. She placed the menu on the table before walking off. I didn't stop her...

I got up and walked out of the bar as I felt like I was drowning. I sat down on the steps to catch my breath as the rage grew within me...

I don't know how long I had been sitting there for but the sun was beginning to set. I heard the door shut and steps closing in on me. I smelled her perfume sweet like strawberries and stood up...

I turned to face her as her cheeks flushed red and I could see her face beginning to turn more red. She looked upset so I asked if she was okay...

"Are you alright?"

She looked confused for a second then her expression relaxed a bit. "Are you speaking to me again?. I don't understand why...why are you talking to me again!". She said almost painfully as her voice cracked just enough for me to hear. I know she must be confused because I did say I wouldn't talk to her anymore yet I can't help it...

"I'm sorry I just..."

I zoned out as my head began to spin uncontrollably. The only thing I remember is falling and my eyes closing and opening. I remember her voice and the worry look on her face as she kneeled down bedside me. How her hands brushed against my face made me feel.

alive even though my body was shutting down on me. Oh yeah...

I guess I forgot to mention this.

I'm sick.

...................

When I woke up my head felt fuzzy and everything was blurry. I blinked rapidly as I sat up ignoring the pain in my body. I found myself surprised as Melody walked into the room with a coffee in her hand. She immediately was by my side asking if I needed anything. Her gorgeous eyes looked puffy as if she had been crying. I guess the doctors must have done blood work exposing my illness to her. I wish she didn't know...

"Why are you here?"

I asked her as she calmly took a seat next to my bed. "You um. You passed out and well I called an ambulance when you didn't wake up...Elliot the doctor he told me that...". I shook my head as her words cut off due to her trying to hold back tears. She looked frightened and worried. I cleared my throat not knowing what to say next. Her expression softened a bit as she wiped her face with the back of her sleeve...

She looks so sad and I began to wonder if she cares about me. I wonder if she has any feelings for me. No, I can't think like that...

Conflicted with my own emotions I became once again cold and harsh. Yet I refrained myself from hurting her feelings...

"It's true unfortunately for me"

I say in a soft tone that somehow made her even sadder than before yet she held back her emotions. She cleared her throat and exhaled slowly as if breathing was becoming painful. She looked me straight in the eye and asked the following question...

"Are you...are you going to...um die? "

Her rosy cheeks now have turned pale as snow. Her lips slowly quivering and her composure wavering with every second that passed. I balled up my fists in tension as anxiety arose within my very fractured soul. I shook my head as I had no response. My future is uncertain...

"I don't know honestly"

I say truthfully.

She nodded her head and became quiet. She fidgeted with her hands as if trying to keep herself under control at all cost...

I was diagnosed with a rare disease two years ago in which case my body slowly weakens until my organs shut down. It can take years or even months, nothing is certain anymore. My life has been a rollercoaster and maybe it is time for it to simply end. After all the pain maybe it is time for a break from life...

Her gorgeous eyes gleamed with tears as she sniffed and sniffed trying her hardest not to break. She does care about me...

Her words seem to be caught up in her throat as she simply stayed quiet. I don't know how long we remained in silence but it was a while before either of us spoke. Shortly after the visiting hours ended and she had to leave...

Does she care about me?.

No, I can't think like that. Not after everything...

Part of me wants to just hold her and love her yet the past is far too painful to ignore it...

.......................................................................

😑😥😪😑😓😨