chapter-26

Holy crap 😳

...................................................................

(melody pov)

The chilly air of February brushed against my skin turning my pale cheeks a pinkish tint as I entered the school building. I walked into the sea of students within the hall as my ears picked up on low whispering. I paid no attention to the awful things being said by them as my head was already filled with unwanted words and thoughts. I headed towards my first class and took a deep breath before walking inside. Coming back to school was something I didn't want to do but my parents are insane so I had no other choice but to obey them...

I sat down at the back of the classroom and put my headphones in my ears to drown out the noise. My life has gotten to the point where everything is dark ah yes how poetic isn't it?...

I lowered my gaze when Klaus walked into the room and took his seat two seats in front of me. He completely ignored me as he has been doing so since I kicked him out of my life. However he turned slightly and ended up getting up to switch seats. He is now sitting in front of me and facing me as I lift up my gaze and meet his eyes. "How are you?". He asked in a gentle tone of voice. Why is he speaking to me again?. I took out one headphone from my ear and raised my eyebrows showing surprise. He nodded his head slowly and said " I bet you are wondering why I am talking to you after you kindly pushed me out of your life, well to put it simply I care about you". His boldness caught my attention as he seemed to be smirking...

"And I like you so yeah".

He became a little shy as his tone of voice cracked a bit. He likes me?. Seriously?. I mean huh no way. How I mean I am a mess of chaos. How can he possibly like me? Absolutely not no way...

My surprised face must have made him realize that maybe he shouldn't have spoken those words out loud. "I apologize, I didn't mean to upset you, I'm just being honest and well..." his cheeks turned slightly pink as he became embarrassed. Holy crap I don't know what to say or how to react. The teacher cleared his throat loudly in order to catch our attention. Klaus turned away from me and paid attention to the work that the teacher was writing on the chalkboard...

He likes me?.

Class ended and we all headed to the next one as I walked towards my next class Klaus caught up to me. "Hey!, look i'm sorry about what I said I was being ridiculous, I know you're going through a difficult thing at the moment and I shouldn't have been so reckless". Is he apologizing for telling me his feelings?. I felt my cheeks flushed red as I stared at him. "There's no need to apologize". I spoke softly as my heart pounded wildly inside of me. If only I liked him enough to forget about Elliot who left without saying anything to me...

"Um, would you like to join me after school for a coffee?".

I asked.

What am I doing?.

Duh you are using him to get over the fact that the guy you love broke your heart. No I cannot be that selfish can i?. I cannot play with his heart that way...

School ended and we headed to a coffee shop near my house. 

"Mmm this cappuccino is delicious"

Klaus' voice beamed with delight as he sipped on his beverage which made me smile. He is so sweet that I wonder to myself why can't I like him. "Klaus?, would you like to go out sometime?". I asked without thinking as his eyes got big and he immediately got nervous.  I really hate myself right now...

"Only if you are 100% ok with it"

He is uncertain and he has every right to be as he may not know everything that occurred between Elliot and I, still he knows we had a thing together and that he vanished from my life. I nodded my head in response as my smile slowly became a frown as my mind brought memories of Elliot making me sad in the process. He's gone, why can't I stop thinking about him?...

Because you love him stupid.

My inner conscience spoke out to me, making me sigh.

After we finished our drinks we walked around the park for a bit until he offered to take me back to my house. 

"Thank you for dropping me off, and I had a great time".

I say as my cheeks heated up when he was a gentleman after opening the car door for me in order for me to step out of it. He smiled a cheeky smile and politely said "it was my pleasure,  have a goodnight Melody". He said as he watched me walk towards the house. I waved goodbye as he smirked to himself before getting into his car and driving off. I stepped into the gloomy chaotic environment that is my home and immediately felt drained of joy as well as life...

Oh boy.

Thankfully no one was in the living room or kitchen because I didn't want anyone to spoil my mood...

.........................................................................
Hmm

Is melody really using Klaus?.

Will Elliots return?.

What will happen next 🤔.