chapter-28

Girl in the mirror.

Previously.
..................................................................

Saturday arrived and I found myself staring at myself in the mirror. The girl who looked back well looked unbroken and flawless however it was probably the dress and makeup yet her eye's told another story. A story of a girl trapped and chained to her past, a past that had broken her over and over again. I lowered my gaze as I felt a little panic enter my soul. I'm going on a date with klaus a boy I only see as a friend and I don't know how to feel about it. I know he likes me and I shouldn't be playing games but my tired soul is overwhelmed with non-stop feelings towards my childhood lover. I am truly awful and I hate myself more and more every day that passes...

Letting out a deep breath before turning away from the mirror and grabbing my purse as I opened my bedroom door and stepping out. I walked down the stairs as my heart pounded wildly for whatever reason. I wore a black loose dress that was strapless. My hair was neatly braided into a side braid with my long side bags loose. I stepped down the stairs, careful not to trip over my clumsy feet as I am wearing high heels. I don't like wearing high heels but well here I am walking towards the front door. I opened the door and my eyes widened as my breath hitched who stood before me wasn't Klaus...

My shock expression was replaced by a confused one. He stood there looking at me confused too. Why is he back? For what purpose?. For fuck sake Elliot...

"You...you look beautiful"

He said as his eyes shined brightly. I blinked as my eyes stung with unsure tears. Why is he here and what the hell is this?. He is holding flowers in his hands. "I'm sorry...I'm so sorry for leaving, but I thought I could live without you but I can't". His eyes filled with tears as he looked broken. I stood there unable to comprehend anything as my heart immediately jumped into my throat when I caught a glimpse of Klaus' car approaching the driveway of my house...

Klaus stepped out of the car and didn't get closer as he stared intensely at us. He looked dazed and lost in the scene before him. He was expecting to go on a wonderful date with me but here I was standing in front of Elliot...

"I know I hurt you, I am hurting too and I thought I could run away in order to ease the pain but I haven't been able to. I'm so sorry Melody I came back because I love you too much to let you go".

I blink as tears spill and I wipe my fallen tears with my right hand before clearing my throat. I closed the door behind me and glanced at Elliot "excuse me...I was about to go on a date". I say bitterly as I desperately wanted nothing but to kiss him but I found myself feeling angry at the situation before me. He backed up in order for me to walk past him as he understood I was upset. The look of heartbreak on his face as he watched me walk towards Klaus absolutely broke me. Klaus looked stunt as I stood before him as he probably thought I would run off with Elliot instead of him...

My head was too fuzzy in order for me to think straight as I climbed into his vehicle and we drove away...

At dinner I tried my hardest not to think about Elliot but my mind often drifted away. "Maybe I should take you home, you don't seem to be having a good time". Klaus' voice snapped me back into the now. I felt my cheeks flushed as I bit my lower lip. I then down a glass of wine in one sitting. Oh fuck I am unraveling and the fucked up side of me is coming back to hunt me. "Melody, do you want to go?". Klaus asked in a serious tone as he saw that I didn't look well at all. I fumed with unexplained feelings...

"I'm sorry...".

I said before standing up and rushed off. I needed air or else I would suffocate in my chaos. I pulled out my phone and saw that I had a missed call from Elliot and messages. I sat down on the bench as I found myself trying to understand the purpose for his return and if I wanted him back. "You love him, so you should go to him". Klaus' voice appeared and I turned to look at him. I was sitting on a bench on the side in front of the restaurant and so he stood beside the front door. "Klaus...I am very sorry" I say as I felt horrible and yet he walked towards me and grabbed my hand in order to pull me up to my feet. He smiled and kissed my forehead before saying. "It's okay, I know your heart belongs to him, we can still be friends ok". My breathing hitched as I hugged him and he squeezed me a bit...

His comfort was enough courage for me. He took me back home and we found Elliot sitting on the footsteps of the house.

I walked towards him and he stood up as his eyes lingered on mine for a minute or so before I kissed him. I felt a drop of water on my shoulder and when we separated we stared at the sky to realize that it was about to rain. He smiled as the rain poured down on us as he kissed me again...

"I love you ,melody and I promise to never hurt you again ".

He said in a gentle tone as I wrapped my arms around him. "I love you, please don't ever leave me again". I whispered through tears escaping my eyes...

We hugged for a long time before we pulled apart and I sneaked him into the house. We were alone so we had the house to ourselves...

That night we talked about everything that happened that led to Elliot disappearing and at the end of it we promised to never run and if the past becomes too much for either one well we would let go...

But that's easier said than done.

.........................................................................

So what do yall think about this chapter?.

Honest comments

❤❤❤