chapter-39.

Cutting ties.

..........................................................

(Melody pov)

Shame made me feel uncomfortable within my own skin as I sat there next to him. "I...I um...I would like to apologize for what I did...I wasn't thinking or in the right state of mind and for that I am very sorry Sebastián". I explained as I turned to look at him even with my red face that was screaming my inner feelings. He's complexion hasn't changed since he got here and not even now, he is simply calm and collected. His lips formed into a smirk and he politely said "no need to apologize...because the reality of it all, it took everything in me not to give into temptation". He says as his eyes glazed over with lust just before he cleared his throat and glanced away from me. He stared at the roses and clutches his hands together as his upper body became tense.

"I will be leaving soon...I'm going back home to my hometown but before I do, I want to bring you as much peace as I can...with your permission Melody I would like to take you out on a date?".

He says as he relaxed a bit and turned to look at as he released his hands from each other and waited for my response. He's leaving?, does that mean his also quitting his job?. I blushed madly and smiled a little before I nodded my head yes. "I would love to". I say as I noticed his pale complexion turning slightly red.

Shortly afterwards he left and gave me a few hours to get ready as we are going out.

"Stay still...let me fix your hair"

Klaus says as he has been trying to put a hairpin butterfly in my hair yet as I was anxious I couldn't sit still. "Do you like him?". Klaus suddenly asked me as he clicked the hairpin in. "I don't think I have seen you this nervous since...well in a while". He added making me blush at the realization that I'm feeling nervous and butterflies within me. I like him more than I realized and this is no longer a crush type of liking which is terrifying.

For a second the possibility of a lifetime ran through me yet once that possibility collided with my past it shattered.

No

I cannot fall for Sebastián not when I still dream of Elliot and what could have been. Not too mention it hasn't even been that long since Elliot proposal. I can't be this stupid to allow myself too fall for another person.

"Shit"

I mumbled underneath my breath just before I stood up my seat. I walked over to the bathroom and locked myself in. "Hey are you okay?, Melody hey". Klaus knocked on the door hoping I would open it yet I simply stared at myself in the mirror as the memories ran through me.

I loved two souls once before and the outcome was death, and now I'm doing it again only this time I know better. I was a child back then who knew nothing of love or that Kissing two boys could lead to heartache and an endless guilt. However now I know better and my selfish needs should not alter my reasons. I can't go on this date with Sebastián not even if I like him. I can't do this again.

I turn on the water from the sink and splash some on my face thus removing my makeup in the process. I then removed the hairpin and took off my dress before grabbing a towel and wrapping my body in it. Sighing a deep breath I stepped out of the bathroom and saw Klaus confused look.

"I can't...I can't go out with him"

I say in a low tone as my head began to hurt. "Why not?, Melody you deserve to be happy for once". Klaus question and reassure me yet I shook my head and sat down on the bed in defeat. "So that it?, your giving up?, as your friend Melody I believe that you should go out with Sebastián, I can tell he likes you and I can tell you like him too". He ranted on.

"Stop it...Klaus...I can't go and I can't do this again".

I say as my tone shifted into a serious one. Remembering that I had told Klaus what had happened all those years ago and didn't go into much detail about it made me think that Klaus doesn't fully understand and I should explain more.

"The reason why I can't go is because I like him...and I still love Elliot...I am falling for souls again and last time that occurred...it resulted in death...I can't do this again so I can't...it doesn't matter if I deserve to be happy or not".

He's complexion softened a bit and he walked up to me and gently hugged me as I rested my head upon him.

I have to cut ties.

I'm cutting ties with him.

.................................................................