chapter-34

A simple dance

................................................................

(Melody Pov)

September 23, 2019

My mother held an event to celebrate her new position as CEO, so she rented a party hall and within this oversized hall, many rich guests were chatting up a storm of nonsense gossip that never seemed to end, I found myself in the midst of it all as I felt the weight of it all crushing me to no end whatsoever. The none stop noise of chatter made me feel like I was trapped and to my ever so sick mind it was just too much to endure.  I groan quietly as I stared off into the distance as I see my mother gossiping to her friends most likely about her new position as the CEO. My father stood next to her with a fake smile upon his face yet his eyes screamed bloody     
murder.

I took a sip of my drink before standing up and sneaked off, once I was in the parking lot I stood near the back entrance of the building and let myself find peace.

I lit up a cigarette and took a few puffs. I then hear footsteps approaching me and turn to face whoever was coming my way. It was the butler Sebastian. "I'm sorry if I'm disturbing you but your mother noticed that you disappeared and send me to look for you". He says in a gentle tone that made me smirk a bit. "Sebastián...you do not need to be so formal when it's just the two of us as I consider you more than just a butler.". I said as I got closer to him completely ignoring the fact that his my employee or the fact that I'm not entirely sober at the moment. His hypnotizing eye's seemed to get lost as he eyed me with a powerful hunger within his gaze. He cleared his throat and took a step backwards and respectfully lead me back into the building. He walked behind me ensuring I was able to walk on my own without tripping or falling, once I was returned to my table and sat down he stood there by my side like a soldier. I'm guessing my mother told him not to leave my side.

A few minutes later as I drank yet another drink from the corner of my eye I caught a glimpse of a girl I have seen before. I looked at her directly and found myself drowning in shock as I realized who she was and who stood beside her.

What the fuck.

The room spun endlessly as I eyed them and couldn't bring myself to move or think straight.

Taking a slow breath I carefully grab my butler's arm to get his attention and he glanced down at me. "Help". I whispered loud enough for him to hear. He nodded and helped me up as I was unsteady on my feet. However as we were about to walk away, we were stopped. "I can't believe it, Melody is that you!?". I stared at Lola and her campaigning whom I believe is from my past.

Her red hair and her big hazel eyes made her look like a doll as she looked surprised yet happy to see me. This girl is Elliot's cousin and I have only met her twice before yet she became a friend in the short time we meet. She was very close to her cousins but then just before Elliot turned nine years old, she stopped visiting I'm not sure why or what happened between their family members. "Oh my it is you!, is me Lola remember?".  I nodded softly yet having her here especially at this event is insane. Is she alone? Or she with her family?. Is Elliot here with her?.

And this guy who is next to her glaring at me with such hatred in his eye's is he... the other boy from our past?.

Between the endless questions that ran through me and as I wasn't paying attention to anything but them. I had tuned out the music and the butler who stood beside me. "Josh?".

I blurted out his name as my mind already knew who he was. Lola looked surprised and immediately responded "you know Josh too?, no way he is Elliot's childhood best friend!". The disgust on his face made me realize that Josh absolutely remembers our childhood and the terrible event that destroyed all of us. But for Lola. I don't think she knows anything besides what her family has told her. I don't think she knows that it is my fault that one of her cousins is dead, otherwise she wouldn't be so calm.

"I would absolutely love to catch up with you, we should definitely get together soon as me and Josh will be staying in town for a time, well it was lovely seeing you again I hope we talk soon. There's some stuff I need to tell you concerning my cousin Elliot".

She says before taking a step closer to me and gently hugging me. She then let go and a flash of sadness was revealed to me as her facial features displayed them. She grabbed onto Josh's arm and I watched as they turned away and walked off towards their table. I slightly jump as I felt a hand upon my shoulder. "Breathe, you are shaking". My butler whispered and I slowly breathe.

He then grabbed my hand and I followed his lead without thinking twice as I realized I was probably shaking and at the verge of tears. I followed his directions and before I knew it we were dancing on the dance floor to a slow dance song. The way he held me was by far caring and for a moment I lost myself within his gaze.

For a moment i stopped thinking of the past and found myself under his gorgeous strength and well power as he embrace me and forgot that he is my butler. I forgot who he was in that moment as well.

.................................................................