chapter-7

💔stop crying.

(Previously)

Part-2

...........................................................

(Melody POV)

I stood unable to move as tears ran down my cheeks. Lindsay's palm connected with my right cheek before she shouted at me. "STOP CRYING I'M SO SICK OF YOUR CRYING!!!". the anger inside her finally sipped throughout her. She huffed in frustration and placed her hands on her hips "every day is a drama with you and every day is miserable because all you can do is cry and feel bad about yourself. Well, I'm done with your bullshit!". I wipe my tears with my right hand before turning away from her and grabbing my bag. I rushed away yet I collided with Elliot, his fingers gripping onto my shoulders as I breathed heavily. I looked up and met his gaze yet backed up and walked past him and out of the room. I ran into the halls crying hysterically and ran into the girl's bathroom...

I splashed water on my face and breath in and out trying to calm myself down, yet it wasn't working. A couple of minutes later I found myself going back into my classroom while everyone remained silent as I walked in. Lindsay who now looked satisfied with herself tensed up when she saw me enter the room. I ignored her and took a seat and focused on my work just as the teacher walked in and immediately felt the tension in the room yet decided not to get involved in anything like always. I felt lost and empty as I tried to draw the picture that the teacher had asked us to draw. I sat by myself while I could feel eyes on me and the endless whispers about me. Tears welled up in my eyes again, yet I fought them back...

"Um...hey Melody are you okay?"

I glanced up and saw a girl by the name of Liz. We used to be friends but stopped after I met Lindsay. I cleared my throat quietly and avoided her question. I didn't mean to ignore her, I just felt sick and wanted to be left alone. "Hey girl that doesn't brush her hair leave that sadly spoiled brat alone!". I hear Lindsey shout making everyone laugh in the process. Lindsay has always been known to steer up trouble and always wanted to be the center of attention, yet I never realized that she hated me and that I was such a burden. She's loving every minute of fame...

Stand up for yourself I kept repeating to myself. You ran away without even a fight. Come on, fight back!

I lifted my gaze to Liz as she looked embarrassed and upset as the words that Lindsay shouted humiliated her. I held my breath as I held in my rage before I stood up and grabbed my heavy book of art and walked over to Lindsay's desk before throwing it at her. It hit her face and chin, and everyone gasped. Well, I just lost my mind...

Next thing I knew the teacher was trying to separate us from each other's clutches. I busted her lip while she scratched my left cheek with her hideous nails. Now we are in the principal's office and our parents are arriving any minute. Yet my parents didn't show up nor did my brother or anyone. I was suspended for the next two weeks and would surely get in trouble with my parents, yet I felt satisfied because for the first time I stood up for myself and didn't hide behind the perfection that my family expects from me.

"MELODY COME BACK HERE!"   

My mother shouted as I just got home and rushed up the stairs. I hurried inside my room before locking my door. I fell onto my bed and buried my face into my pillow. I felt horrible and good at the same time. I drifted to sleep without realizing what was happening on social media...

When I woke up it was already nighttime, and I found myself getting up and opening the window before grabbing a blanket and walking out onto the balcony. Letting the wind blow by tingling every cell in my body with its fresh and cold feeling was blissful. I became sick of crying and told myself enough is enough. I rested my head against the frame of the balcony and stared out into the night and every so often to the neighbor's home. Yesterday was chaotic and I realized I tried to kill myself and it was horrific. I just want the guilt and pain to stop but I just don't how...

I closed my eyes trying to let the disaster of life melt away for tonight at least however my eyes immediately opened when I heard Elliot's voice. "Is it true that you tried to kill yourself yesterday kitten? "... my glare avoided him as much as possible. I didn't have the energy to explain. However, the question remained why does he care so much? Why can't he just stop and leave me alone? He already told me that he would but now he's once again here...

Asking me, worrying about me, what does he want from me?...

I stood up and ignored his question. I went back into my room and closed the balcony doors...

I felt an endless tangle of thorns ripping throughout my heart like a wildfire. I'm losing my mind and digging my own grave...

And the worst of it all, this drama isn't over yet to my demise...

.......................................................................

What do yall think?.