chapter-32

wishes do come true.

................................................................

(Melody Pov)

I laid in bed feeling like I had been run over or something as the prior night I drank and now I have a hangover. My phone buzzed yet again but I lacked the motivation to answer it, so I ignored it. I shivered as I remembered what I saw last night, and it made my skin crawl. On the second buzz, as my head was hurting, I picked up the phone and answered it quite rudely. "WHAT do you want?!". I heard static then Elliot's sweet voice asking if I was ok. I blushed madly as I facepalm myself. I apologized for being rude and if we could talk later. He sounded worried and his tone changed slightly as he said goodbye and that he would like to see me. I don't know if that's a good idea as my nerves are a wreck...

I closed my eyes in an attempt to fall asleep, but I was disbursed by someone knocking on my bedroom door. I groaned softly to myself as I rolled onto my side and faced away. From outside I could hear the butler's deep yet soft tone voice. "Ma'am I just wanted to know if I should bring you your breakfast up to your bedroom or will you be eating downstairs?". I huffed loudly and I am sure he heard me because he cleared his throat loud enough for me to hear. I got off of my bed and walked towards the door. I opened it rudely. I hadn't realized that my hair was a frizzy mess or that I was wearing the same clothes from last night which were just a long hoodie-type dress with long sleeves and leggings underneath. He glanced at my hair and then met my eyes. Tension grew around us and for whatever reason he looked flushed from his cheeks. I know I must look awful but like dam...

"I just want an iced coffee."

I say with a little bit of an attitude, and he nods his head before stepping back and walking away...

I sigh and walk into the bathroom to take a quick shower. Once done I stepped out and put on my bathrobe that was a little fluffy and was white except for two red hearts that are pockets. It also has a hoodie. I stepped towards my bed and was about to sit back down when I heard the butler's footsteps approaching my room. Since I hadn't closed my door, he stood waiting for permission to enter. I scoffed softly to myself and walked towards him to grab my coffee. While I drank a sip of the coffee, I looked at him as he stood there. "You know you don't always need permission to enter my room, right?". He simply nodded and then glanced at the mess of clothes and other things that lay on the floor...

"Would you like me to clean up your bedroom? And I have some news on your father's condition as well ".

I shook my head as I took a sip before walking to my bed and sitting down. "How is my father?". I asked as I remembered the conversation of last night as well as the non-stop memories of Elliot and his brother. He told me that my father was in critical condition until further notice. I lowered my gaze and frowned slightly...

.....

I cleaned up my room and then went to get dressed as I needed to get some fresh air. After yesterday's events, my energy has been drained so I figured getting some air would do me good. The butler insisted on not letting me out of his sight as he had orders from my mother not to do so unfortunately rumors are going around of my relationship with Elliot. That's another reason why I haven't gone to see him. So, we walked around the park until my gaze landed on Elliot and a girl by his side sitting on a bench. I recognized the girl and was in disbelief that she was a teenager already. Her name is Lola, and she is Elliot's cousin. I have only seen her two times before. But I knew it was Lola because of her reddish hair. I immediately turned around and walked in the opposite direction to avoid being seen by them...

We headed towards the exit of the park before we walked towards the car.

Once in the car, I received a message on my phone and as I read it my mind became clouded. 'My family knows of our relationship; they refuse to accept it and so I will be running away but not without you, melody please come with me. The shock on my face was priceless as I just sat there with a slightly open mouth. He wants me to run away with him?...

After everything I have been through I honestly would do it, but the fear of the unknown wraps their vines around me, and I fall back into the pits of hell. How would it have turned out if I ran away with him? Will the past let us be free together or will the past rot us even more? The uncertainties of it all confined me to my reality and I felt trapped between the life I wished to have and the trauma of my real life. How would Elliot deal with my demons? I mean how will he deal knowing that I see his dead brother and I can hear the echoes of agony that he cries ever so loudly at night? How will he feel when I am unable to look at him in his eyes after an episode of self-destructiveness...?

How can I love him knowing the demons haunt me to no end?

what if our past trauma comes back and then when we are at our happiest, it comes back to hurt us and break us once again.

Can I put him through all of it?

Is not fair, is it?

Will I run or let him go?

.................................................................

❤😍💕😊😎😘👍💖😜😉✌💋😆

please to all who are suffering from any type of mental health try and get help or talk to someone. I know sometimes it can be hard to do believe me I know. but we must try...

the second book will contain the same topics and more. there will be warning signs in every chapter that requires it, note that only the chapters that will be mainly written about these topics will have a warning sign. not all chapters will need warning signs.

readers under the age of eighteen please be cautious.

Lovely cover by the_vampgal

Thank you so much for everything

Time skipped in the next chapter.