chapter-22

Freshly made pancakes 🥞

.........................................................................

(Melody pov)

I woke up to the smell of freshly made pancakes and it was the most pleasant smell I have ever witnessed. I got up and went out into the living room to find Elliot cooking in the kitchen. For a second it all seemed so perfect almost as if we were truly meant to be together and yet it all crashed as reality slapped me across my face. I cleared my throat and he spun around in my direction. "hey good morning i made breakfast, would you like to eat together?". His smile was enough to make my legs weak...

I hesitated to answer yet my body answered before me. With the rumbling of my insides giving it away. His smile grew and he started fixing up a plate for me...

We sat together at the dining table and it was just purely amazing until reality once again opened my eyes. This isn't okay I thought to myself....

I stopped eating and lowered my gaze.

"Is everything okay?"

He asked, confused as I had suddenly stopped eating. My cheeks heated up as I looked up at him. "When are you going home?". My voice sounded cold and yet my eyes filled up with tears. Why is this so hard?. He lowered his gaze with no answer....

The question caught him off guard. In all honesty I blurted it out without thinking, however the tension within me made it impossible for me to be comfortable near him...

"Do you want me to leave that badly?"

He asked me after a couple of seconds of silence between us.

My heart screamed no! and yet my brain yelled yes!.

I felt my body tensed up as he pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration. He then stood up and walked up to me without hesitating. He placed his hands on my face and kissed me. Our lips connected, sending shivers down our spines as our brains exploded with pure romance. How is it possible to feel such strong emotions after everything that has occurred between us?.

And with that our bodies took over.

.......

As we came back into reality it was clear that we really cared about one another and our past demons would always be a part of us. Yet it didn't settle the anxiety that grew within me nor it would fix my past and my mistakes. I had fallen asleep on his chest and as I slept I could listen to his heart beat which just made me fall into a nightmare of regret and fear. I sat up in bed and slowly got out of the room while making sure not to wake him as he slept ever so peacefully as if there was no care in his world to bother him....

Do I regret it?

Should i?

Stepping out of the bedroom only for his groggy voice to fill my ears with an overwhelming fire that sweeps me off my feet...

"hey you okay?"

His voice shook with concern as he crossed his arms over his chest. I spun around to face his direction as he lowered his gaze in defeat. He looks like his boyish young pouting self as he stands against the doorframe...

"We shouldn't have done that, this thing between us needs to end"

I said with no honesty in my voice whatsoever.

Mentally slapping myself as soon as i realize the stupid unbelievable words that spelled from mouth my cheeks instantly heated up. true be told i think about him so much ever since he saved my life is like he had become my knight in shining armor. Is it a possibility to fall head over heels so damn fast?....

He furrowed his eyebrows as if he was in a deep realization of our problem. Yet smirked and unfolded his arms as he began stepping towards me until he was holding me by the waist. "why shouldn't we be together?". I raised my eyebrow in question as I stepped back letting the silence creep upon us...

My mind screamed with frustration as the memories of the past lingered and drove me back into their deadly grip...

When will I be free?

When will the past let me go?

Can I truly be happy?

Will I ever feel alive again?

What about him?

What about the pain I caused him?

These thoughts invaded my ever so fucked up mind sending my nerves into a fit of anxiety. "Elliot, do you really see a future for us, can you wake up every morning to the person who took away your only brother?, can you?". his confidence vanished and his mood changed as his expression fell into a sad one...

"I don't know but I have fallen in love with you all over again, and I'm willing to fight for us".

I want to believe his words yet his pain will forever be my fault. I shook my head in disbelief as I walked past him and went to open my bedroom door before entering and whispering to Elliot that our love doesn't compare to the pain of the past...

Shutting the door once I was inside I let the tears fall for my demise. I shall forever shed broken love tears for the lover that cannot be mine...

I knew he was wrong. The hatred he has for me will eventually destroy our time together...

.........................................................................

A/N

WELP WHAT DO YALL THINK WILL HAPPEN NEXT?

WHO WANTS THEM TOGETHER?

WHO BELIEVES THEIR RELATIONSHIP CAN WORK?

COMMENT LOVELIES AND VOTES

o.0