chapter-38

A pale rose

...........................................................

My life has been chaos and by far a nightmare. Anyone who is sane enough can say that I should be very much insane by now and they aren't fully wrong. My mother's secret broke what little sanity I had left as for an entire week I spent it by falling off the wagon of shit that has been life. I partied too hard and drank way too much, I even destroyed my chances with Sebastián in the mix of it all. Although i don't think there was a chance between us as he's an employee and my parents would absolutely kill me if something was to come of it. I mean they own my life in their disgusting hands and play with it as if I was a doll. A pitiful broken doll.

Between the last few months of a shit show and my past coming back just to vanished without much thought and for my memories to be lost and then to have remembered everything in great detail has left me drained of life itself. To have fallen in love all over again and to have lost it was just cruelty. I often wonder what would've happen if I had just said yes to Elliot proposal. I imagined our lives over and over again then reality hits me like a break and I realize that it would have been blissful hell.

...

"You could have died!, fucking hell Melody!".

Klaus voice snapped at me with little to no retrain as he was worried and upset, he had just rescued me from the club house after I had burned it down accidentally by falling asleep with a burning Marijuana cigarette. I nearly died in there but Klaus and Sebastián found me and got me out. As I sat there simply watching the club house I built as a kid being eaten by the fire's it made me think about the few times I spent with Elliot.

"We should probably put out the fire before it gets out of hand".

Sebastián said to Klaus as they both nodded and wandered off. I sat there as my eyes burned from the smoke yet I couldn't move until Sebastián came back and helped me.

"Are you trying to die is that it?!".

Klaus asked me after the fire was put out. I felt Sebastián's hand on my back which made me feel bad as the memory of myself slapping him hard on his face after a drunken state of doing something uncalled for and embarrassing entered my mind making me blush in shame.

I stepped forward and away from his grasp as I wasn't sure of what to do or say. Klaus stood in front of us so now I'm closer to him and he's watching me intensely. "Seriously Melody...this has too stop. Enough with the drinking and drugs and self destructive behaviors, please let us help you!". Klaus says as he takes a hold of my shoulders with his hands and glares into my eyes as I blink rapidly due to being very much out of sorts.

I'm high and partially drunk.

I nodded my head softly knowing he was right. The next few days I spent it getting myself clean and trying to find hope and when I found myself feeling like I was going to fall apart I replied on Klaus. My mother didn't like that Klaus would come over at times and would get upset with me because of it. I stood my ground as much as I could until my only option left was too leave.

Running away seemed like a good idea yet Knowing my parents they would make my life a living hell if I was too run off again. Last time I ran away, I lost my home and my job, and had to go back to leave with my parents.

Trapped.

That's what am I.

Barely having choices made things a lot more difficult, so by the end of the month I ran away again and stayed with Klaus for a bit. He is working on getting an apartment for himself as his family wants him to be on his own. My parents froze my banking account and practically disowned me again but this time they went as far as to threatened everyone who would help me either by offering me a job or anything. I'm pretty much jobless and homeless.

With some money but I can't even use it, not even to buy food. That's how much power my mother has, she's a monster who is willing to bankrupt anyone for the fun of it. Or to simply make my life miserable as much possible.

I laid on the couch as I wondered about the utter disaster that has been everything, I'm beginning to think I'm cursed or something because this is too much crap for one person to handle.

I raised my gaze towards the coffee table that sits in front of the couch and glanced at the boutique of roses that Sebastián had brought me in hopes they would left my spirits up and get me out of the clutches of despair. I noticed that one of the roses was turning pale and losing its original bright red color and it made me sigh in sadness.

I sat up and picked out the rose and felt a wave of peace watch over me just before I heard a knock at the door. I hesitated to get up and go open it as we are staying in a hotel and Klaus told me not too open the door unless it was him or Sebastián. I got up and went to open it and it was Sebastián.

"Hello, miss Melody I brought you of you stuff, don't worry I made sure to be careful ".

I found myself peering into his eye's and for a second my mind went numb. I blink and lowered my gaze and smile while I grab the bag of stuff from him. "Thank you, Sebastián and please stop being so formal with me". I say as I invited him inside.

He nodded and walked in and we sat down on the couch. He noticed the pale rose that was now lying on the table and glanced at me. "You know if you put the rose by itself in a vase and give it drops of vitamins it might returned to normal". He suggested. "Have they made you smile at all?, or at least bring you some peace of mind?". He asked as I stared at him.

"A little..."

I replied as I glanced at thr roses then at him. Memories of the day I drunkenly went to his room and tried to undress myself in hopes he would take me, however he stopped me when I kissed him roughly just as he pulled me off of him and shook his head at me thus erupting my anger, and slapping him hard on his face as I yelled at him. The sheer embarrassment of remembering that event made my cheeks turned red.

I'm an idiot.

................................................................