chapter-31

Demons
..................................................................

(Melody pov)

Two days have gone by, and I haven't heard from Elliot even though I keep texting him. The worry that has tinted my mind has begun to tear my flesh open as I carelessly dropped a glass cup and cut my hand. Not sure it was accidental or on purpose but overall, I ran my hand under water as I watched my blood drain away down the drainpipe. I glanced at myself in the mirror, and I nearly screeched as my demon stood there watching me glaring into the mirror and at me. His opened wrist where he cut himself poured blood and maggots out of them as vomit stained his shirt. His soulless eyes never lifted their gazes as he frowned. He muttered the words (death) at me before disappearing from my view...

I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to hush down the cries of the parents that I destroyed by breaking their hearts as I caused them their son's life. I placed my hands over my ears and kept repeating to myself...

"You are not here

You are not here

Please leave me alone

Please leave me alone".

The cries shush down enough for me to let go of my ears and open my eyes. My breathing shallow as my heart pounded all while my body covered itself in a cold sweat. I trembled as tears escaped and I stumbled backwards. My back hit the bathroom door as I slid down and cried loudly...

I'm not sure how long I sat there but I totally forgot to turn off the water from the sink and it overflowed with water as it was now spelling out and spelling onto the floor...

It took all my energy to get up and clean up the mess. I stepped out of the bathroom and walked towards the door of my bedroom, I walked down the corridor that led to the stairs and walked down. Pictures of the perfect family hanging on the walls as I walk downstairs, making me lightheaded. Once downstairs I headed towards the kitchen and found myself opening a cabinet that contained alcohol inside of it. I grabbed a bottle of tequila and headed back to my room...

I locked myself in the bathroom and drowned myself in the consumption of alcohol that entered my bloodstream. My phone began to buzz within the pocket of my dress, and I pulled it out. My vision blurred as my head felt fuzzy from the alcohol as I saw a message from Elliot. He is back and wants to see me as he needs to talk to me. I figured I was tipsy and didn't want Elliot to see me like this, so I didn't reply as my mind drifted into the past...

Why now?

Why are you appearing before me now? is it the fact that I am dating your brother? Are you trying to hurt me for what I did to you? Will you drive me insane?...

All these questions tangled each other around my mind causing me to go numb of emotions. I closed my eyes and took a sip of the alcohol that is now making me feel warm and dizzy. I was getting better, yes it was a slow process, but I was getting stronger and now I feel weak and fragile all over again. Shall this really be my fate? Am I destined to drag myself to the pits of hell for the many mistakes I have committed?

What about Elliot?

My eyes opened slowly when I heard a knock at my bedroom door. I huffed loudly as I became annoyed as I pushed myself off of the floor and did my best to walk normally and not like a drunk penguin. I unlocked the bathroom door before stepping out and walked towards the door. I opened it halfway and saw that it was the butler. Oh, has the sexy butler come to my rescue? He looked at me for a second and saw my flush cheeks and gleaming eyes as a creepy smile appeared on my face. Oh, what the fuck am I doing?...

"Excuse me for interrupting ma'am but your mother wanted me to inform you that your father is currently at the hospital".

The what the fuck look that appeared on my drunk face made him raise an eyebrow in question. I cleared my throat quietly as I eyed him with a slight lip gap. Then I blinked rapidly and said "understood, thank you". I wasn't drunk to the point that my speech would be altered but there was a hint of slur in them. He nodded his head and backed up as I lowered my gaze and closed the door slowly...

My heart was pounding as I rested my head against the doorframe...

I returned to the bathroom and grabbed the bottle that sat waiting for me to come drink it. I then walked to my bed and got on it, sitting in the middle of my bed with my leg's stench and my back against the pillows and bed frame. I slowly sipped on the bottle even though I wondered to myself how do people drink like this without feeling sick after so many sips? I stopped drinking after I began to feel sick and decided to get out of bed to put on some music...

I then went back to bed and as the soft piano music mixed played, I drifted to sleep.

Only to be awakened again as my eyes widened in fear. There he was again only this time he stood by my bed. I immediately sat up in bed and reached towards the nightstand beside me to turn on the light on my lamp. And just like that he was gone making me shiver uncontrollably as tears began to fall...

He isn't here!

He is dead!

He can't hurt me!

He's dead.

I stayed wide awake, unable to sleep as I relived the past once again.

.........................................................................

A/N

Gosh this book has been a rollercoaster of emotions to write.

I know that as a writer I still have more to improve.

I hope my story makes sense as much as it makes sense to me.

I hope that readers like it.

Is not the greatest story out there but I love it...

This isn't the end of the storyline though it continues in the second book...

To be written soon.