chapter-9

🌼traumatizing pain🌼

(Previously)

........................................................................

(Melody POV)

I killed a boy.

It was an accident yet I didn't realize the harm I had done until it was too late. His death and the cries of his family still haunt me till this day. I remember running to their house as I heard the ambulance rushing by mine. I remember seeing Elliot with his hands covered in blood and how pale he looked as if he had seen a ghost. I remember every detail of that horrible day...

I felt dazed as I stared at him as well an endless guilt eating me alive and suddenly it became too much for me to handle. "Why are you here, why are you still talking to me, I...I don't understand it you should hate me!, your brother is dead because OF ME!" I raised my voice as the anguish tore it's way throughout my body. His body tensed up and his entire body shifted into chaos yet he didn't move a muscle nor spoke until I stood up and stood in front of him...

"You have a right to hate me, you have a right to destroy me, so do it instead of talking to me!I hurt you badly so why are you here?Why come back after so many years why?"

I asked him as my soul crushed and slowly poisoned itself...

I was getting better until he arrived. I was getting better until he reminded me of the pain of the past...

I glared at him with anger roaring within me. He backed up from me and simply said, "Why I have returned is none of your business and why shouldn't I try and talk to my childhood friend?, it is true you have caused pain to me but life is too short isn't it?". I don't understand what he wants. And it freaks me out not knowing his true self.

"So how about you tell me why on earth you dyed your hair and what's with the cat onesie?".

I felt my cheeks flushed red and I sniffed as I wiped my tears away yet made no effort to cheer up. I don't like how easily he can switch off his feelings and go back to normal. Does he really mean what he says or is he playing me?. Does he really have good intentions or does he secretly want to destroy me?...

I don't know.

I shouldn't trust him.

Yet I am weak and fragile. My need for forgiveness was too much.

The guilt was too much.

However I pushed him away, it's the right thing to do right?...

"I told him hours before he was found dead that I loved you and I was never going to be his, if that isn't enough to hate me then maybe this will. Your brother cried. He told me he would hurt himself if I didn't say that I was joking yet I didn't play along. He killed himself because of what I did to him because of what I made him feel, Elliot I killed him".

I said with a sickly feeling in the pit of my stomach. His face became pale and tears welled up in his eyes and for the first time his composure slipped away into dust. He simply nodded his head and backed up from me. His shoulders slumped in defeat, his face becoming red with hatred I could see the mask finally falling apart and revealing his true colors. His body tensed and trembled yet he smiled a sickly smile...

Even with tears falling down he continued to smile.

"I will go, I will leave you alone, I will stop chasing you yet I cannot hate you or stop looking out for you but I will go".

He says before he turns away and walks out of the cabin...

His entire soul crushed beneath the mask he wears. I watched him leave again and once again I fell apart...

All of this is traumatizing.

........................................................................

Oof

Okay so the mystery is half way done.

Elliot brother.

And whether Elliot is being truthful or if there is more to it.

Read and find out.

Also don't forget to vote and or comment lovelies 😁