chapter-3

Demise.
..................................................................

(Melody POV)

She stood with shaking hands as her mind went blank and butterflies flew within her.  Today she wore a dress and painted her lips all for him. The boy she has been falling for has asked her out on a date. It was cold outside, and she was cold yet filled with excitement and joy. She arrived at the lake where he wanted them to meet only to see that the water was frozen to her surprise.  The lake has never frozen over not in many years at least so it was astonishing to witness...

He stood there in the middle of the lake with a flower in his hands awaiting her arrival. She blushed furiously trying her hardest to keep her balance on the ice he made it seem so easy yet upon further viewing he had on ice skates. The girl managed to get to where he was standing and took in his appearance. He has such beautiful eyes. Bluish eye color and dark raven hair, upon his cheeks he had dimples and a killer smile. As she stood in front of him all of her dreams were becoming true, yet something held the girl back...

They were only kids thinking a kiss wouldn't hurt anyone...

Yet it did. 

This freckle-faced girl was known to care for not just one boy, and she didn't know it was wrong to love more than one person and led them on...

So, she kissed the dark-haired boy without thinking twice about the consequences. They kissed and laughed and tried their hardest not to slip on the ice. It was a wonderful day only for it to shatter...

They had been seen by the other boy she had previously kissed and was told she liked him. They were seen by not just him but other kids and only a week later tragedy struck...

Ten-year-olds don't always know wrong from right, they don't always know what love is and what love can do. They don't know that it hurts when you kiss someone else after telling them you liked them. They don't understand why their heart hurts and why they are crying. They don't understand why they feel betrayed...

Yet they know that the pain doesn't go away easily...

And maybe taking pills can help you sleep as you have been crying all day because you got heartbroken...

or cutting to feel alive again.

Only for your heart to stop beating at night and your sleep lingers on forever.

They draw their last breath without being able to wake up as they slip into an endless slumber...

As for the girl who cause this chaos her life was forever changed...

.....................

The pen dropped out of my hand as drowsiness began to take a toll on me. Closing my journal and getting up only to stumble and before I could regain my balance I fell onto the floor. "Son of bitch!". I say as I sit up while rubbing my head and wincing in pain. I guess I overdid it with the pills again. Allowing the lightheadedness to pass I managed to get up and walk into the bathroom where I splashed water on my face...

"Fuck...I look terrible".

I whisper to myself as I glare at my reflection. Fixing myself up before heading down for dinner would be the last thing, I would want at the moment but unfortunately, my parents are back from their two-day trip, and they are expecting their 'perfect daughter' to be well-groomed and flawless. Rolling my eyes, I grabbed the bird's nest that sits upon my head and simply tied it up into a bun. I wore simple jeans and a shirt and little to no makeup because it's a waste of time. Yet I knew my parents would question and frown upon their daughter's appearance however who the fuck cares?...

I don't...

Once downstairs my mother was the first one to question my failure to look decent. "Oh dear, what on earth were you thinking coming to dinner dressed like that you look homeless!". She screeches in disbelief as she looks disgusted with me. In this family, you must dress properly meaning wearing freaking dresses and or skirts with fancy shirts and a face full of makeup and jewelry. I hardly eat with my parents so I rarely dress up for dinner or anything unless it's like a party or something but even then, I would rather dress comfortably. I ignored her comments and took a seat. We sat quietly in awkwardness until our dinner arrived. I didn't eat much and soon ended up going back to my room...

I found myself on the balcony just staring into the darkness until a light flashed on and I realized I have been staring at the neighbor's window. I felt my body tense up as I spotted the guy with beautiful eyes, he stood with his back facing away from the window. He then turned and caught me eyeballing him. He walks up to the window and steps into the balcony of his bedroom. "Can't stop staring at me can you kitten?". he says in a soft voice that would easily be described as filled with lust. I roll my eyes at his cocky attitude, yet I gather up the courage to ask him a question...

"What did you mean by what you said the other day?"

His expression darkened a bit and the smirk on his face vanished. "Isn't it obvious kitten? oh wait, don't tell me you forgot the boy you kissed that day on the lake?".  My breath hitched as my eyes widened with surprise. No fucking way...

This can't be true?

I felt dazed as I stared at him. He then cleared his throat and spoke. "I wonder how many boys you have kissed for you to not be able to remember them". he says slightly annoyed he then nodded and waved goodbye as he soon departed from the balcony and disappeared into his bedroom...

I don't know how long I stood there just baffled yet I was shivering as it became cold and when I finally snapped out of it. I went back into my room and nearly lost my mind as I concluded that he was telling the truth...

Much to my demise.

.......................................................................

Roof.

What will happen next?.

Next chapter please 👍👉✌