chapter-2

Time hasn't passed at all.

...........................................................

(Melody pov)

I walked through the halls of the school avoiding the glares of many as I could hear unwanted words coming from their mouths. I could tell they were eyeballing me because I wasn't the perfect blonde rich girl everyone thought I was. I was sick of hiding behind the mask of perfection and or my family's richness. I was becoming too tired to put on that happy fake mask I have been putting on for the last couple of years. As I walked, I accidentally dropped my books as my clumsiness made me trip over my foot nearly making me fall. I huffed in annoyance and started picking them up as I did so my gaze caught a glimpse of the new guys. They were chatting among themselves except for the one with those eyes that brought back memories. He suddenly walks away from them and comes to my rescue as he helps me pick up my books...

"Um thank you. So, uh are you going to tell me your name?".

I asked curiously as I raised an eyebrow. His complexion softened a bit as he stared at me. Math class just finished and so we have free time for an hour before returning to our last class of the day. I awaited his answer, yet he simply ignored my question. He then stood up as I pushed myself up from the floor with my books in my hands. He cleared his throat and glared at me for a bit which was a bit unsettling...

"You have changed a bit; your hair is longer, and your eyes don't shine anymore yet it is as if time hasn't passed at all".

He spoke as he backed up and turned away from me leaving me puzzled by what he just said. I felt a rush of anxiety arise within me, yet I ignored it and decided to just brush it off and go on with my day...

That was odd, I thought to myself as I tried my hardest not to think about it anymore...

School ended and I was picked up by my butler. I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed as I got home yet something caught my eye. No way! No fucking way!...

My eyes widened as I stepped out of the car and glanced at the neighbor's house that was once empty but now is filling up with new neighbors. The devilish handsome guy smiled back at me while unloading boxes from the moving truck. I stood baffled by what I was witnessing, and I froze as he ended up walking over to me. He ran his hand throughout his hair and his eyes seemed to sparkle yet a mask of pain reflected on his complexion. I blink rapidly as if trying to awaken from this dazedness that seemed to hold me under water...

"You're my new neighbor?"

I asked him and he shook his head in response. He then placed his hands inside the pockets of his pants while I just stared dumbfounded at him. Was I drooling? I must look rather stupid to him...

"You know kitten you look rather cute with that look on your face"

He says casually. 

Wait, kitten?...

Did he just call me kitten?

My eyes stung with tears as a cloud of sorrow rained above my head making it difficult to breathe. Suddenly my curiosity was over, and, in its place, dreadfulness took over. My cheeks heated up and I balled up my hands into fists as I held back tears. "Oh, was wrong? you don't like being called kitten anymore? ". I felt sick as I stood there and suddenly his aura darkened and I felt very cold in his presence...

His entire vibe was a nightmare and I had to get away...

"Who are you! h... he was...he was the only one that called...called me that!".

The words fell out of my mouth without my mind consent. My mind vanished into oblivion, and everything stopped. Time itself stopped as I completely became aware of who he might be...

Yet before I could ask more questions, he waved at me and said in a shallow tone. "Nice seeing you again kitten goodnight". And with that he walked off with a smirk on his face. My skin crawled with anxiety and my chest tightened as I placed my hand over it. Memories ran through me, and tears fell freely...

Inside my house I hurried upstairs and into my room breathing heavily this can't be real?...

It isn't real.

This is bullshit. 

The hours went by, and I found myself unable to sleep as memories kept me up all night again...

They share the same eyes.

Yet one of them is dead.

The other...

He disappeared. 

No way this guy can't be him. He can't, he disappeared...

He can't be that boy...

The boy I kissed on the lake many years ago. The boy who I caused a great deal of pain to him and his family...

This cannot be true. 

I must be dreaming. 

Yeah.

That's it

This isn't real.

IT'S NOT REAL!

........................................................................

And the mystery begins.

Who is the devil?
And why is Melody freaking out?
What horrible deed occurred in the past? And how is he apart of it?.

Read and find out.

❤❤❤❤

Don't forget to vote and or comment or share.

😃❤💙💚💓🖤💖💜🧡💛🎨🖌🖋📃📖📚🎵🎶🎹🎧📞📱🍪