chapter-6

💊Fracture soul💊

⚠️Warning of drug abuse/suicide attempt ⚠️

Part-1

..................................................................

(Melody POV)

May is upon us and it's been about a month since the devil came back into my life. He is still my neighbor however we haven't spoken to each other since the clubhouse that was three weeks ago. I got up from my bed and walked over to my window to open it and let the fresh air in, then I went back to my bed only to be startled by my mother barging into my room yelling about some party. I barely heard anything she said as I had recently taken sleeping pills to sleep. After she left, I sat quietly on my bed breathing heavily as anger built within me...

Two hours later music erupted from downstairs, and the laughter of people bounced off of the walls. My mother decided to throw a party today and today is the worst day for a party. Today marks the eighth anniversary of his death and my miserable life. My door swung open, and my mother walked in demanding I attend her party. I said I couldn't, yet she pushed and pushed until I lost my shit and ended up screaming at her and shoving her onto the floor...

I ran out of my room and down the stairs ignoring everything and everyone around me. I ran outside into the rain and kept running until I slipped and fell onto my knees. I pushed myself up and kept walking further and further away from everything I felt like drowning. My entire self-being was at the edge of self-destruction...

I walked to the lake and beyond that soon I found myself in the clubhouse swallowing painkillers to numb myself. I cried heavily feeling my entire world crumble beneath me. After an hour or so I simply sat on the floor just listening to the rainfall from the sky and onto the earth. I lowered my gaze and played with a bottle of pills funny how money can buy all of these pills, yet nothing heals a fractured soul. Funny how money can resolve so many things except a broken heart. I unscrewed the top and poured a handful of pills onto my palm. Closing my eyes as I tossed them into my mouth and choked on them as I tried to swallow them. I awaited death to arrive, yet it never did as I drifted into unconsciousness. Someone yelled my name and started shoving their fingers in my mouth to make me puke up the pills. I gagged heavily as dizziness blurred my vision. "WHAT THE FUCK! Melody what were you thinking!"... I glanced at the person next to me and realized it was Lindsey...

My friend.

"Why did you do this?"

She asked with no hint of concern whatsoever. "Fuck what will our classmates think of you and me? they will think we are both crazy because I'm your friend". She abruptly said as she gasped. I pushed myself off of the floor stumbling a bit, yet I managed to get outside...

"Don't....don't follow me!"

I yelled at her as I began to run yet I didn't make it far before I fell again, and she helped me back inside the clubhouse. She stayed with me until the morning. Monday morning May the twentieth I was taken home by Lindsay and went to school as if nothing occurred. These were the words of my parents when Lindsay showed up with their daughter. They told both of us that the night before never happened and that no one should know about this because our reputation is on the line...

As I walked through the school halls, I could feel the eyes of everyone on me. As I went into my art class, the last class of this long day I could hear whispers and chuckle from my classmates. As I took a seat, I tried to keep my composure, yet it was infuriating to stay calm. Lindsay walked in with a shameful look on her face and avoided my gaze. She then sat at another desk the previous two times she didn't join me because she skips this class. I lowered my gaze towards my work instead, yet I could feel eyes upon me...

My heart sacked like a rock when I heard Lindsey's words playing behind me. I turn my head to see Lindsey and she's trying to turn off her phone. I immediately stood up and walked toward her. Snatching her phone and seeing a video. A video off last night...

How?

When?

Why?

I felt my chest burn with hatred as my cheeks flushed red. Lindsay also stood up and took back her phone. "You videotape me?'. I asked her as my breathing was becoming more difficult. She cleared her throat and tried to walk past me, yet I grabbed her arm...

"Answer me!"

I raised my voice making everyone fall silent. I didn't even notice when the devil aka Elliot walked in as well as his two friends known as Josh and Luke. I gripped her arm tighter as tears welled up in my eyes...

"Lindsay answer me!"

I demanded yet she managed to pull her arm back from me. "Yes! I videotaped you having a mental breakdown. You want to know why? Because I hate you! ". I backed up from her in shock. "You want to know why I hate you? well for starters you have Elliot falling apart all over again and second, you're a bitch that doesn't care about anyone else but herself always crying about the past never once thinking that maybe other people are going through their bullshit! and third, you are a rich spoiled brat and a whore!"

" I mean seriously Melody fucking a stranger at a bar on your fifteen-birthday leaving me behind to run off into your room and cry and cut yourself over a dead boy how pathetic can you be! So yes, I videotaped you when you were puking your guts out and I may have saved your life but whatever cause honey...you deserve to die to remember my thirteen birthdays?...

Yeah, the one you fucked up by having a panic attack and getting all the attention on you! That's when I started hating you because you're nothing but an attention seeker!".

She spat venom through her teeth with every word cutting my soul like a knife. I stood baffled, unable to say anything as everyone whispered...

I felt paralyzed yet this moment made me realize I was truly alone in this godforsaken world.

........................................................................

How would you feel if this occurred to you?