chapter-15

💥flawless pain💥

...........................................................

The weather outside is chilly and almost everyone in the town is getting ready to celebrate Halloween. October the second, return to school day like everyone calls it. It's a cold morning and all the teenagers are getting ready to head off to their second semester of school...

I woke up and glared at the clock that read 8 am. Fuck I'm late...

Refusing to nudge from my bed wasn't in my plans today yet the non-stop buzzing of my phone made it impossible to stay in bed. I huffed as I got up and went to shower afterwards I got ready. I dressed in a long sweatshirt with thick leggings underneath and combat boots. I added a jacket because it was cold. My now blonde hair was a mess of curls and knots. I brushed it and braided into a fishtail braid. By the time I headed out it was nearly 9 am. Jeez I'm so late...

Once I made it to school I found myself sitting at the principal's office.

"Melody, you do understand the consequences of being late on the first day right?. Please remember that you are not a senior yet and I can very much withhold you back a year but a course that would be unfortunate for you but as you can see your parents money is running out, if you keep up with this unacceptable behavior I will make sure you don't graduate".

Oh what a pile of bullshit.

I scoffed slightly as I left the office room. Honestly I see no point in graduating...

I scanned my schedule and found my class and for my demise it is my least favorite subject...

(Math)

Their eyes felt like needles on my skin as I walked to my seat. I could feel the unpleasantness I brought to them. I sat down on the last desk in the back of the classroom and simply spaced out until my attention was caught by the presence of Elliot. He sat two seats away from me yet I completely didn't notice him until now. We haven't spoken since well since I found out about his illness. I sigh and bite my lip as I felt the need to talk to him yet I shouldn't...

The hours lingered on forever and I ended up ditching class the moment I got the chance to do so. To my surprise I wasn't alone. I found myself staring at Elliot who happened to be skipping class too. "You know if you wanna skip school we could easily sneak out the back". He says with a smug look upon his face. I rolled my eyes at him and ended up tripping on a wire and made a mess. Where exactly are we skipping? Well uh I was skipping class in the janitor's room. And Elliot happened to find me here...

How did it end?

We got caught.

We got in trouble.

We got sent home.

I crossed my arms over my chest as I walked behind Elliot who insisted that he should walk me back to my apartment...

"You know this is your fault right?".

He said as he walked ahead of me slightly smirking at his apparent accusation...

Within my soul I felt butterflies fluttering around as my heart began to beat rapidly. My cheeks flushed and I felt safe and warm. I hate the fact that he makes me feel this way .I don't understand it...

I held my breath as my mind began to race with unwanted questions. My lips quiver as I stopped walking. He also stopped and turned to face me. "I don't understand why...why are you still hanging around me?". I said in a low voice and avoided eye contact with him. He nodded his head and placed his hand on my shoulder. Uhhh what's happening?. My eyes widened as my gaze found his deep glare almost memorizing. He stood so near me that my body began to tremble...

"Well i like talking to you and well you know my secret and..."

I cut him off.

"You like talking to me?. I don't understand. I caused you a great deal of pain and you're still talking to me".

My voice cracked a bit not from sadness but confusion and frustration. I don't understand his intentions. One minute he hates me then the next he's here standing in front of me smirking...

"I get it now...your toying with me aren't you?".

I asked as I crossed my arms over my chest. He chuckled a bit yet the mask he has been wearing peeled off just enough for me to catch a glimpse of agony. His charming attitude slightly wavering yet he kept his cool. "Look Melody I am trying to let go of the past and move on...honestly I don't know how long I have to live well and I just wanted to have my old friend back". There is honesty in his words yet I felt his rage and pain all around me. it's suffocating me, draining my energy and it is so strong that it hurts to be near it...

A flashback to when we were kids running after one another or simply lying on the grass watching the clouds in the sky. How life was so much more simpler back then. A flashback to when I kissed him on the lake without thinking of the consequences. A simple kiss between two kids who thought they knew it all...

Before I knew what was flawless pain and how painful it can become.

I blinked as I came back into reality and felt my breath hitched as I stared at him.

I lowered my gaze as he smiled at me yet I felt like smacking his ever so perfect smile off of his handsome flawless face. How can he still want to be my friend it makes no fucking sense at all...

"I don't get it"

I said as my voice got quieter and walked off. He followed behind me like a last puppy which was irritating. As I walked, memories flooded my mind making me feel like I was drowning and tears welled up in my eyes. Soon I made it to my apartment and looked back at him simply staring at me...

"Hey uh can I come in for a bit I dont um".

He became unsteady on his feet and turned pale. I helped him inside and why the fuck am I always helping him?...

Furthermore now he is sitting on my beanbag chair taking his medication. And me?.

I'm dying from the anxiety that's eating me alive...

........................................................................

😶😶😶

next chapter will contain mature content.