chapter-36

Mother's secret

..........................................................

(Melody pov)

Mother's earliest statement has me confused and uneasy as I took advantage that following afternoon when she went out and I proceeded to step into her bedroom and into her closet to look around. Astonished with the outcome I sat on the floor of my parents bedroom and simply allowed all the information that I just read to sink in and make sense. What do I even do with this information?. I wasn't expecting to find anything but I did and now I'm lost.

Do I confront her?
What do I say?
What can I say in a situation like this?

I exhaled slowly as I rapidly get up and start putting everything away and once I was done I left the room and went to mine. Memories from my childhood began to tear me apart as I remembered a few details that resurfaced, the harder I tried to remember the worst it got. A headache developed soon after and I sat against my bed frame thinking about my childhood and how could I miss the fact that my mother was pregnant.

I believe I was seven when I first noticed the belly and a course she kept it from everyone, then after my 8 birthday my mother left for a trip and came back slimmer. I closed my eyes and opened them again as the urge to scream overwhelmed me. The anger began to burn me and the disgust began to make me nauseous, I don't understand why nor cannot I imagine what my mother was thinking and what happened to the child?.

My mother mentioned a sister and a nunnery?. Does that mean I have a sister?. Is she alive?. I felt dumbfounded and totally lost as I sat there for what seemed such a long time. Before I knew it I glanced at the clock and it read 6 pm and I stood up and scramble out of my room into the hall that leads towards the stairs. Once downstairs I walked towards the front door and swung it opened and saw the vehicle of my mother pulling into the drive way. I stood there waiting until she stepped out and walked towards me. "Hmm come to greet your mother?". She questioned and as she eyed me, the anger erupted and I raised my hand and slapped her hard against her face. The look of shock and disbelief mixed themselves upon her face and all hell broke loose.

She gripped my arm hard enough to cause pain and pushed me back inside the house as she walked in and slammed the front door. "What the hell is wrong with you!, how dare you hit your mother!". She raised her voice as she glared at me angrily, then her complexion changed into realization. "Oh okay, let me guess what I said to you earlier made you think and let me guess you went and snoop around didn't you?, what did you find let me guess medical records of a child, a baby girl?". She said as she questioned me and then let out a mocking laugh.  "Those records have been in that closet for years and even your father knows of them, if you want answers then you are wasting your time and mine so please just go get drunk or something because I don't have to answer to you nor anyone". She then stepped closer to me and grabbed my face while digging her nails into my skin making me wince in pain.

"I should have done the same thing that I did to your sister to you, because oh Melody you are disappointment and a waste of life and you serve nothing but shame to this family even your order brother has done better than you, your only job was to succeed and get married to a rich man yet no one wants a weak girl as a bride at least your brother married into a rich family and at least your sister's existence is unknown but such a waste".

She then let go and stepped to the side before walking off towards the stairs. I stood there baffled yet not surprised by her loveless words yet it still hurt.

A few minutes later i found myself under the spell of pain as I doubled my tequila shot and then grabbed the bottle to pour yet another shot until I heard his voice. "Are you alright miss Melody?". Instead of pouring the drink into a glass I ended up taking a big gulp of it. Then I shook my head and got up from my seat and took another drink before wiping my lips. "No I'm not alright". I say in a low tone as I stare at him waiting for his response. He eyed me then glared at the bottle that I was raising up to my lips before he stepped closer and stopped me by grabbing it and taking it from me. "You should slow down for your own sake". he insisted as he glared at me with worried fill eye's.

He is such a cute pie ♡

Given the fact that I have drank three full shot glasses of tequila and took a few gulps with little food in my body I found myself getting tipsy faster. I rolled my eye's as i stepped away from him and walked towards the stairs so I could go to my room yet I stopped and ended up sitting down on the steps. "Sebastián...I need my bottle back". I said as I glanced up at him as he had turned to my direction and was now standing in front of me. He shook his head softly and stated that I should go to bed or at least eat something if I'm going to be drinking heavily.

After a few minute of attempting to get my bottle back he won as now I'm upstairs in bed sleeping and he hid my bottle somewhere in the kitchen cabinets.

He sat on the small sofa that sits against the wall of my room simply keeping an eye on me, as I slept away my sorrows.

.................................................................