chapter-27

friends

..................................................................

(Melody pov)

I woke up the sound of yelling coming from my parents' bedroom and groaned as I covered my ears with my hands. It's too early for this crap however they don't seem to care. I stopped covering my ears and got out of bed and went to use the bathroom. I then took a shower and brushed my teeth as I realized that I no longer felt that depressed as I was now getting enough energy to shower and do basic hygiene. I know I'm disgusting. Afterwards I got dressed into a simple outfit that consisted of black sweatpants and a white t-shirt. I brushed my hair and let it air dry before returning to bed as if it was a Saturday morning. It's actually Wednesday but whatever...

I got on my laptop

I browsed through my social media and found many unread messages. I hesitated to read them, but I did, and it wasn't anything new. They were messages of people telling me to go to hell and or I am an attention seeker...

I frowned when I stumbled upon a picture of the boy I fell for. He posted the picture a couple of days ago and it made me wonder why and where he is? This is where I kind of got a little crazy as I picked up my phone and called him. Why am I calling him when I know he left for a reason? I have to accept that he left because he chose to. Because our past was too much for either one of us to handle. So why can't I just let him go...

His groggy voice answered the phone, and my heart skipped a beat. "Please stop calling me, I'm sorry for leaving the way I did but leave me alone". he sounded tired not like physically tired rather emotionally. "Elliot, I just wanted to know if you are alright?". Lies, why am I lying to him. My mind went blank as I held my breath since he wasn't answering my question. I heard a sigh then he said gently " I'm fine, goodbye". He hung up the phone as I felt angry dammit...

Why does my life have to suck so much? Why can't I just be happy?...

I held my hand against my chest as tears welled up in my eyes, yet I fought against them to fall. I will not break again. I refuse to do so. I cannot lose myself into despair again, not when I was getting better. Is thanks to him that I got better, and he will not cause me to break again. Even if my heart aches I will not break...

Elliot chose to leave and now I'm choosing to move on and let myself smile. I know the past demons will always haunt me, but I can at least let myself be ok. I have to try and be able to survive even when I feel dead inside, I must try...

I stayed in bed as my mind kept on replaying the scenes of the past like they were pictures. I truly hate the fact that I can't outrun my demons. Being back home isn't helping either. It's like this home is filled with ghosts of the past and they love to drive me insane to the point I can feel them and feel their agonizing pain. They won't let me go as I am chained to them. And Elliot is one of them even if he isn't a ghost since he is still alive but well....

Whatever.

Before I knew it, time drifted away from me, and it was nearly nine am. I dragged my tired body and got ready for a boring school day. I tied my hair into a messy bun and got dressed into black jeans and a red long sleeve shirt with a heart print on it. I added a black hoodie and then put on my black combat boots. I then tinted my lips a rose red-light color after this I left my room. Heading downstairs I could immediately feel the crushing tension within the air...

"A course you are dressed like a poor girl"

My mother's remarks came to no surprise to me as I ignored her comment and proceeded to grab an apple from the kitchen as she was there drinking a cup of vodka. Seriously vodka at nine in the morning?...

She then took a big gulp of her drink before clearing her throat and saying, "your father is a pain in my ass, and you honey are not helping my mood". She says in a dull tone and rolls her eyes at me when I glare at her. Is she drunk?...

I don't have time for this nonsense. I didn't question her behavior as she has always been like this although this time, she looked quite depressed. "Is funny honestly, he is near death and still manages to fuck another woman and doesn't care if I'm his wife". I mean he has cheated on you many times before so why it is hurting you this time? I wondered to myself as I looked down on my phone and saw it was 9:20 oh fuck. Okay enough drama...

"Well, I got to go".

I say as I rushed out of the kitchen knowing that my mother was in fact falling apart. I glanced at the butler who would be dropping off and hopped into the car. He is young to be a driver, but I didn't pay too much attention to him even if his eyes were a beautiful shade of blue. He dropped me off and I waved goodbye even after he ignored me and drove off. Well, that was rude of him. I walked into the school and found myself feeling like I was in a bloody prison. All the students glared and whispered all but Klaus who looked in complete awe. He smiled at me and walked towards the lockers where I was standing...

"Hey, good morning".

His cheeky smile made me smile. We walked together talking about small things that made us giggle...

After classes I found myself by the lockers waiting for Klaus to meet up in order to walk together after school. When the pair of hyenas came rushing by as Lindsay did a gag face before laughing out loud. What a bitch I thought to myself. My mind became clouded as I found myself thinking about Elliot. Here I go again is like I'm spinning in a circle, and I always fall back to lie with Elliot. This is getting exhausting...

"Shall we go?"

Klaus's voice appeared before me and nearly screeched bloody murder as my hand flew against my chest, and I breathed heavily. The look on his face was priceless as he looked concerned for scaring me yet a little amused at the same time. "Sorry, are you ok? you were lost in thought again, weren't you?". he asked curiously as I embarrassingly shook my head yes...

We headed out of the overcrowded school and into the breezy afternoon. We walked through a pathway that led us to the park. "So um, I was thinking we should go out to eat on Saturday, how does that sound?". he stopped walking which made me stop too and look at him. I nodded my head and smiled "that sounds wonderful". He looked like a little kid at a candy shop, and it was adorable. I smiled as we walked and for the first time after Elliot, I felt peace within my soul...

But I also realized that I don't think I will ever see Klaus as nothing else but a friend.

.........................................................................

So she really doesn't see Klaus as anything but a friend.

So should they remain friends?