Chapter 11: In for a Surprise

Maira's POV:
"Thank you Prince Jai for this much awaited tour. I honestly appreciate you showing me around."
It was pretty late by the time we came back to our rooms and I was still wrapped in the throw blanket as it was chilly and leaning against my door.

"Maira can we please go back to first name basis." He looked at me with his pleading eyes. "Well you can be on first name basis with me I don't have any problem." I reply with a thinking face on and I can see his face breaking into a broad smile but I don't think he understands what I mean by that.

Well he is in for a shock then I guess. "I think we should sleep now it's pretty late and I am leaving tomorrow so I need to get all the work done by today morning. Good night, Prince Jai."

"I thought we were on first name basis."

"Ummm...I think you didn't hear me correctly, I said you can be on first name basis with me but I cannot be with you. I should get going now." Saying this I entered my room and closed the door.

I plopped myself on the soft mattress and waited for sleep to engulf me which was honestly just a few minutes.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Next day was pretty hectic with Sir and I trying to wind up all the work and getting all the information we needed. Vijay Sir would be staying a few more days but I am needed back at the office so I would leave tomorrow morning itself.

I woke up the next day and went down for breakfast after packing my bags. I wore am olive green pants and blazer with a black turtle neck. (Maira's dress)

Sitting at the table I saw Prince Jai and King Uday missing, a bit disappointed at the former's absence but not acknowledging it I sat down to eat

I ate and then discussed some things with Vijay Sir before I was about to leave. After the discussion even Vijay Sir left to go and meet King Uday. I had my stuff brought down by some servant and was waiting for my cab to come.

I still had an hour to kill so I sat down in the living room when I heard some commotion going on and stood up to check if everything was alright.

I saw Maharaja holding his hand to his heart with a pained expression with some difficult breathing huffs and the three ladies all surrounding him, with two elder ones trying to help him sit and shouting to call Prince.

I couldn't have just stood there without doing nothing. I went forward to try and help. I knew that we need to get him to the hospital as soon as possible.

"We should take him to the hospital this second. Let's go."

"There is no driver today and none of us know how to drive. How to get to the hospital and even Jai is not picking up his call and..." I could see them getting way too worked up and tensed.