Chapter 9: He is such a big...

Jai's POV:
I reached home in evening all tired but determined to make things right. I went towards my grandfather's room. I knock and wait for a reply and shortly receiving one enter the room.

"Dadu, I want to talk to you about something very important."

"Yes?"

"I want you to first hear me out before saying anything please, okay?" Receiving a nod I went ahead. "I know that you want to see me getting married and all this contract sh... thing but please understand that I want to just focus in my career right now and marriage can be done later on in life. Why is there such a hurry and why do I have to marry an unknown girl?"

"Jai, i want to see you married before I die and I am confused whether the problem is getting married right now it the fact that it's going to be an arranged marriage. If you are worried about the timing let me assure you that right time will never come for anything. You need to take time out for such things. You are not very young for marriage and you also know that... As far as marrying an unknown is concerned I am open to love marriages so let me know if you have a girl in mind. Also, just know that I have your best interests at heart and I am not forcing you to marry someone you don't like."

"Dadu I know that but I just need some more..."

"Jai think of this as my last wish please. I am already 73, anything can happen anytime and I just want to see you getting married."

"Dadu you don't need to say please..." Dejected I was about to exit the room when Dadu stopped me.

"How much time do you need? I am ready to give you another year but that's it."

"Well I'll take what I get, after all beggars can't be choosers." Smiling I left the room to my second mission of the day.

I knocked on the door and a beautiful figure appeared in front of my eyes, in her cute pyjamas and her messed up hair. I could see the sadness behind her eyes which she hid as soon as she saw me. I feel guilty as I can tell by her drooping eyes that she has either cried a lot or slept a lot or probably both. Well I don't blame her.

"Yes, Prince Jai, do you need something?"

Oooooh you are back to square one, Prince Jai. Do you mind doing this later please.

"Yes, Maira I need to apologize for my irresponsible behaviour today and I would like to make up for it. Please don't say no."

" Well, Prince I already told you it's okay and you really don't need to make it up to me."

" Then why are you calling me Prince Jai and not Jai?"

"I just realised that it's better to keep things professional, you are my client and not a friend and I am doing just that." Well that hurts. A lot.

"So, should I call you Maira or Ms. Maira then?" I did say it quite bitterly and I shouldn't have buy I was a bit hurt. I do not think it was this big of a deal. I am trying to apologize for my fault but she isn't allowing me to do that.

"Whatever you want. Do you have something related to work or may I go back to sleep?" Feeling dismissed I leave to step into my room to clear my thoughts before taking any drastic step.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Maira's POV:
After getting into the cab, I tried to think of the reason for the teary eyes behind my shades. It's not really a big deal but then why am I so hurt?

Maybe because you liked how well he was treating you.

I am not a person who keep any expectations from others now. I have had way too many betrayals to be building any fake expectations now and I am really angry at myself to expect him to show ne around.

I am so done being a bloody mess.

"Ma'am we reached." I am brought out of my trance. I step out if the cab thanking the driver and paying the fare.

Despite all the pep talk I end up crying and sleeping in the bed.

I woke up pretty late almost dinner time. I freshened up trying to salvage my messy self as I am so done with all these expectations. My only aim from now on is to become the best lawyer the country has ever seen.

I am not an expressive person, I am rather a very closed off person who keeps her emotions to her self. I cry only when someone close to me breaks my heart and that to without anyone knowing about it...that is why it's even more strange to be feeling this upset.

Well buckle up, now I am just a lawyer and I don't need some inconsiderate person who stands me up. I mean I didn't force him to give me a tour, he bloody offered it. He is such a big ... blophead.

I heard a knock and opened to reveal none other than the big blophead himself. I couldn't help but notice his attire from the afternoon, the only difference is rolled up sleeves and no blazer AND he looks some Greek God. In all honesty I am done feeling like this. From now on no expectations only business. Anyways I will be leaving soon and God know in how long I'll see him. So, I think I am good to go.

Keeping the conversation at a professional level and to a minimal, I call it a day. I wasn't really hungry.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It was middle of the night when I woke up to some noises coming from the terrace-sized-balcony.

I wrap a throw blanket that's present on the foot of my bed and walk towards the balcony. I remove the curtains only to gasp aloud, shocked with the scene unfolding infront of me.

I hope I am not dreaming. I slide the balcony door only to coming out of my dreamland by stubbing my toe with an inaudible scream.

Well... what can you say I am pretty natural with all this clumsiness. It's all God gifted. One thing is forsure now that this is not a freaking dream. I don't know if I should be here or not. Should I go back inside. I think I should. I shouldn't be invading someone's privacy I feel.

 I shouldn't be invading someone's privacy I feel

_____________________________________

Hey you'll.
How are you guys? I hope you are all doing great.
What do you think Maira saw? Do you think this is a foreboding? Is the shock a good shock or a bad shock and also what do you think is gonna happen now? Comment and let me know your thoughts.

I just want you all to know that I am very grateful for all your love and support and thank you for reading this story, giving it a chance and bearing with my irregular update. I am finally done with my end sems so probably my updates will be more regular and I am trying to come up with a proper update schedule and will let you guys know about it in next chapter.

Please vote, comment and share to show your love and support.

Love you'll :)