Chapter 1: The Meeting

Maira's POV:

"Hey! Sir is asking for you. He is waiting in his office."

Startled I shut my diary and shook my head a little to get rid of the not-so-poetic and negative thoughts running in my mind. Keeping my diary inside my bag I looked up to see the receptionist, Ria who gave me a questioning look. Ignoring the look, I remarked, "You do know you could have given me a call from your desk instead of coming here."

"If only you would have picked up the call or answered the knocking at the door. I am surprised you even heard me speak." She smirked at me but instead of giving any reaction to her I left my cabin without responding to go and meet Vijay Sir who is my boss.

I went to the corner office that has the best view in this building. I hope someday I can have such a beautiful office. Reaching his cabin, I saw the dark wooden door that had nameplate stating his name and beneath it "Senior Advocate" in bold. I knocked on the door and waited to hear a reply. Few seconds later hearing a "Come in", I entered his office. He was sitting at his large wooden desk looking in some serious thoughts as always.

"Good Morning Sir!! You called me? Do you need me to bring any case files for you or something?"

"Morning." He said in his as usual strict tone and continued, " I called to inform you that a very good friend of mine will be coming in today regarding some case to seek our advice. I need you to attend it with me and see what we can do to help him. I have already emailed you his company information so that you can have an idea and brief about the company. Now you can leave and be in the meeting room sharp at 3 in the afternoon for the meeting."

I was listening to him very carefully to not miss out a single detail. Vijay Sir is a man in his late forties and is the best corporate lawyer in the country. I left his cabin lost in deep thoughts. Vijay Sir does not take any new cases this easily so I know that this person must be really close to him if he is taking his case so willingly. Despite being the best name in corporate field we do take pro bono cases and some high-profile criminal cases, or some random personal cases here and there so even with limited clients we have lots of work to do. Vijay Sir is strict when it comes to work, and he cannot tolerate any mistakes which is one of the reasons that he is the best lawyer.

I started working for him two years back, when he kept me as his assistant after my literal begging. I knew for me to make a name in this field I needed to learn from the best there is and no professional would be willing to keep a fresh law graduate with little experience as their assistant but I don't know after my few attempts he did agree to have me work under him. He told me that I would be fired even if I make one mistake in first six months of the job but now it has been two years and I am still that scared of him as I was two years back. More than scared I feel it is my admiration of him and the respect that I hold towards him that makes me double check everything and try not to make any mistake with any work that he entrusts me with.

Sitting in my cabin I was going through the email Sir has sent me and was impressed by the work of the company. Apparently, The RR chain is owned by the royalties of Ajmer and so I guess that whoever is going to come is a royal. I also learnt how though the business is still owned by King Uday Singh Rathore, but it is his son who has helped it reach new heights. Also, that the son is about to take over the business as the King has decided to take retirement.

How do you greet a royalty? Do I need to bow down or should I just greet them normally? I dont think they would be wearing crowns but...Ughhhh!

"Maira stop it." My brain chided at me.

Returning to my work I looked through the company shares and other details that were present and as I still had some time so I flipped through some other case files that were due in coming month. I heard some commotion outside my office but chose to ignore it since I was doing some important work. Soon it was time for the meeting, I got up from my chair taking my notepad and pen with me I exited the cabin. I realized that the strange buzz was still present but I ignored it. Finally, I entered the meeting room and was surprised to see Vijay Sir already present there with two other men in very deep conversation. I checked my watch to see if I was late, but my watch showed 02:55 which means I was five minutes early only. Thinking they might be some other clients since I could not see their faces, I was about to leave the office when Vijay Sir's voice stopped me.

"Oh! Maira you here. Come and meet our new client, King Uday Singh Rathore who is the owner of The RR chains and his son, Prince Jai Singh Rathore who has been in training under his father for few years now and is all ready to take the reins." I stepped further inside the office and turned around to greet the two men. Turning I saw two men, the elder one who is King Uday Singh Rathore was wearing some sort of turban with a brooch that I have seen Kings wearing in movies and the younger one, Prince Jai Singh Rathore who was wearing a grey suit with a white shirt beneath. The King's face held a lot of love and gentleness, I bowed down to him "Good Afternoon, your Majesty". King Uday nodded with a small smile. I turned to greet the Prince and I see him looking at me intently. Getting conscious about myself, I quickly greeted him a good afternoon and turned without waiting for his reply and took my place beside Vijay Sir.

Prince Jai seemed to be like a model straight out of a magazine and now that realization hit me, the reason for the buzz. You see we do not usually have such handsome clients rather our clients are much elder businessmen, so seeing such scene was something out of the ordinary in this office. He was not wearing a turban like his father but was in a grey three-piece suit and with sharp jaw lines and black eyes looking like he dressed to kill. I focused on what Vijay Sir was saying and got to know the reason why they were here.

I was told that the prince was supposed to take over the business and they wanted us to legally represent them now as they are planning to go big by the end of this year. After signing the contract that stated them as our clients the Prince started telling us about their merger plans. I was noting everything down since we must advise them if they should go ahead with it or not. Throughout the conversation I felt as if a certain someone was staring me but did not had the guts to look up to confirm my doubts. I got rid of those thoughts and focused on making notes as I need to research on the companies only after which we will be able to advise them anything.

Soon the meeting came to an end and it was time for the royalties to leave. Standing up from my place I bid them goodbye and to my shock King Uday caressed my head lovingly wishing me all the best for my future. I shook hands with the Prince and came to my cabin after they left the office, all the while ignoring the blood rushing through my veins. Soon after some work it was time for me to go home and so I closed my MacBook and putting it in my handbag along with other essentials that I needed I left the office. I was waiting for a cab when a car stopped next to me and Vijay Sir asked me to get inside as he would leave me home.

Seeing as it was night-time, and the changing weather I weighed my options and got inside the car. "Sir, I researched on the companies that The RR is planning to merge with and I think that they should wait at least an year before proceeding for any mergers as the company itself is doing good and will be in a much better place for negotiation in an year" I said and was waiting for Sir to say something. Soon we started discussing the matter forgetting that we are not in office. The driver called us breaking our conversation and saying a quick thank you I left the car. Giving a slight nod he waited for me to enter my place before leaving.

Entering my apartment, I switched on the lights and went straight to kitchen to get something in my system. Then changing into some comfortable clothes, I did some work, and went to sleep dreaming about a certain black eyed person who I didn't know was about to change my world.

_________________________________________

Guys first of all I don't have any idea of law. This is my first story and I haven't even revised it, so please forgive me for any errors.
Thank you for all the support!!

Please vote, share and comment:)