Chapter 6: Start of Something New

Maira's POV:

I woke up and looked at my phone to see the time and seems like I just had an hour long nap. Still inside the comfy and cosy bed, I scrolled through my messages and lazed around a bit. Finally, I decided to leave the bed and do something productive.

As I stepped out, I looked down to see my clothes from the morning all wrinkled up and thought of changing into something comfortable. I looked around for my bags and saw them placed in a corner. Taking out the clothes I looked around the room as I was way too tired to notice it before. There were three doors in total, one's the main door that opens in the hallway, I opened another door to reveal the washroom, I changed into a pair of grey track pants and an oversized black t-shirt and put my hair in a messy bun.

Coming out I went to see what's behind the third door only to reveal a pretty big balcony overlooking a very beautiful garden and an orchard with a small table and four chairs in one part and a swing in another corner. The sun hasn't really set and there was enough light, so I got my laptop and files to do some work. I also got a thin shawl from my room since it was pretty chilly. Cocooning myself in the shawl I started doing my work.

"Hey" I jumped a little at the sudden voice and turned around only to see the Prince standing there. I saw a door which I didn't notice earlier which I have no leads where He has also changed into a white kurta pajama and I must say he is looking so handsome. Not wanting to get caught while checking him out I looked up and replied with a slight nod before turning back to my work.

He comes and sits on the chair next to me. "I hope I am not disturbing you."

"Ohh, no no I was just sitting here with all this stuff trying to enjoy the scenery" that came off as too rude, I guess. I immediately realised my mistake but he seemed to have caught my tone and was about to leave. Before I could think of something else I caught his hand to stop him. He turned to look at me "Look I shouldn't have said that, you can sit here."

"No problem I will go....I shouldn't have disturbed you in your work anyways." He seemed apologetic.

"You can sit here it's not a problem. I was anyways almost done with my work, only left with a bit which I'll do later." He looked at me for a second and then decided to take his seat again. It was only then that I realised I was still holding his hand. I left it awkwardly, not at all thinking about how big his hands are as compared to mine. Nope!!

Instead of going back to my files I sat back with my legs folded under me looking at the scene in front of me. The garden and orchard looked so pretty.

"It's beautiful right!!" A voice came next to me. "Nah...it's pretty ugly that's why we are sitting here looking at it." He gave me an amused look to which I added shaking my head "Stating the obvious, are we?"

He let out a small laugh before going back to watching the sun set, the birds flying back to take shelter in trees, the beautiful pink hue covering the sky.

I am not at all good at making small conversations or keeping them on and so I am grateful to the Prince for not doing that. It was night now and in the silence of the approaching night that my stomach grumbles loudly. Shutting my eyes tightly I turned to my right and open then a little to see the Prince looking at me, all the while trying to hold his laughter.

"You know what, you can laugh. It's not a big deal. Come to think of it, I came to your place and I am starving. This is not what I expected my royal welcome and hospitality to be . I am disappointed." I say in a serious tone with a tch tch, shaking my head a little to hide my embarrassment.