Chapter 48: Rendezvous

Maira's POV:
The past week has been terrible for me, actually the past two weeks. Not only was I kidnapped and almost sexually assaulted, I was also informed that my husband just married me because of some will or else he would have lost his inheritance. All I did after coming back to my parent's place was cry myself to sleep. My parents knew something was wrong but they knew better than to meddle. I can see them worried for me especially since my appetite has almost vanished and the medicines are the only reason I would have a cracker or so and that is it. But I was over being the people pleaser for now and all I wanted was to be couped up in my room under the comforter, especially since I still had time before I go back to work.

Few nights even the contant crying didn't make me exhausted enough to put me to sleep and I would be up all night thinking what the future holds for my married life. All these months that I have spent with Jai, I never thought that there might be any other reason he married me, other than him being crazy for wanting to marry me.

I was in deep sleep when I felt something warm cocooning me and I couldn't help but snuggle deep into it, trying to find some more sleep. I woke up only to see my husband sleeping with his arms around me. For first few minutes I thought it was all imagination, like the other days but when I couldn't get out of the bed, I knew he was really here. I was so pissed mad at him that all I wanted to do was slap him hard. I tried to get out of his tight grip but that resulted in him waking up.

On hearing his reasoning out, I might believe everything he said, but I can see that Yash has something to do with the misunderstanding between us. I mean he forced Jai to blame himself, he told me that Jai married me because of some will for its inheritance but didn't bother telling me he would inherit it and the creepy vibes from him aren't lost. I have agreed to go with Jai in the evening because of his pleading looks he gave me and because I wanted to see to what extent he is going to go in order to remove my doubts.

As usual, Jai doesn't know how to plan a date and hasn't told me what I should wear for tonight. There's still sometime before he comes to pick me up but I decide to text him.

Where are we going? -Maira

Not telling you. -Jai

But then what should I wear? -Maira

Wear anything love. I know you're still gonna look the prettiest;) -Jai

I blush at his comment and I can feel a smile coming over my face but suppressing it I text him back.

I don't want the repeat of our earlier dates. -Maira

Well, I don't know what you're talking about. I thought you looked spectacular on both of them. -Jai

Jai, either tell me or else I might have to change the plans. -Maira

You know this is blackmailing and it is punishable by law. -Jai

Are you gonna file a complaint against your poor innocent wife🥺? -Maira

Ahhhhh, we are doing this now? -Jai

I don't know what you are talking about. -Maira

Just wear anything you are comfortable with. It'll just be two of us. -Jai

Can I wear my night suit then? -Maira

Honestly, I don't mind but I will not be held responsible later on if you felt like it wasn't the right choice. -Jai

Is this your way of saying night suits are not allowed? -Maira

Maybe. -Jai

Cool. -Maira