Chapter 49: Love & Jealousy

Jai's POV:

Maira loves me. I am on top of this world. I cannot believe she feels the same for me. I know I felt the same way when I got to know she likes me, but this is bigger. Everything that I did for her was just for her to know that she matters to me. I might have also tick marked a wish of my bucket list of making out in the rain. I am happy and content with how my life is going on right now and I just hope we can be like this forever.

My days start off by seeing her getting ready in our room and it ends with her next to me in my arms. We haven't done more than kissing yet, I might have started losing control a few times but nothing extreme. I can feel Maira's hesitation in consummating our marriage and so I am willing to wait for her. It's been four months to our blissful marriage and life has never seemed to have been better. Sundays are now a resting day for all the ladies of the house and we men would do the work of cooking and I don't mind. Seeing Maira's bright smile when she sees me cooking for her and others is a reward enough.

Everything else is mostly the same, well, apart from the fact that now Maira and I go to same office, actually office building but yeah. We are expanding the Royal Regal chain and it only seemed proper to have an office somewhere and seeing how dad has already invested with Vijay uncle in the law firm, we thought of taking the office in the same building. Also, a part of me might have just wanted to stay closer to Maira but that wasn't the first thing in my mind while looking for office spaces, nope, not at all.

It is just another night for us when I enter our room. It is pretty late especially because of the fact that we are looking at expansion plans, and other mergers and acquisitions. The room is empty, I look around trying to find Maira. Usually she is in here whenever I come from work.

Stupid, you both come together that is why and the other days it's pretty late and so, she is usually waiting for you. My intelligent brain mocks me.  I check the terrace also, only to find it empty and make my way towards the library. I enter the library but even that is dark. The only other place is our home office. I near the home office to hear some clicking noises. I slowly approach the door and open it slightly to look at Maira sitting in her chair, with her hair on top of her head in a messy bun, few strands surrounding her face, her thick frames pushed up against her nose, her one leg on the chair with knee up, lounging in her Scooby-Doo night suit. My wife looks like a college student working on her assignment. All I want to do is go to her and squeeze her chubby cheeks, something she just despises because her cheeks and nose are sensitive and even slight pinch hurts her and causes it to turn pink. So, it's better I use other methods to turn her face pink, one that involves no pain but only pleasure.

Pervert.

I lean against the frame of the door to observe her. She hasn't noticed me yet. This is how engrossed she is in her work. I check the time and it is close to midnight. I clear my throat.

"Yikesss." She turns around screaming in her chair.

"Jai." She looks at me sternly.

"What? I didn't know you were gonna get scared."

"What did I tell you about not sneaking up on me?" She asks me like a teacher questing a child, pushing her glasses over the bridge of her nose.

"That it's a bad habit and we should refrain from doing so." I say pouting.

"Good boy." I give her a grin before entering the room.

"Let's go and sleep." I tell her.

"No, Jai. I need to complete this today."

"No. Come to bed with me." I say.