Chapter 13: Best Sleep Ever

Jai's POV:
We are quietly sitting opposite to each other, with glances and awkward smiles everytime our eyes locked with one another.

"I just want to thank you for everything you did today. Dad's behaviour was uncalled for and even after all this you stayed back...Thank you so much. How can I ever repay you!!"

"Prince Jai I already told you whatever I did was humanity and anyone would have done it and King Uday's behaviour is something I do not wish to talk about right now. I get it that Maharaja means a lot to him but doesn't mean it gives him a right to insult me. I didn't say anything to him because I know when to speak and when not to. As for staying back, its for Maharaja and Maharani cause I told her I would be here until Maharaja is all ready to go home and no one else's."

I am lost in my thoughts and I look over to her to see her in some deep thinking, if the frown on her forehead or her distant eyes are any indication. I keep on looking at her and suddenly her eyes lock with mine and we both kept on looking at one another. Her eyes are deep enough for me to drown no matter how cliched that sounds. They hold a lot of depth and something about her just wants me to know her inside and out.

"Are you hungry? Let's go and eat something."

"I think your dad's words were enough for me to get full. You can go and have something if you want."

Dumbfounded I lowered my head only to hear her open her mouth again to speak. "I know I shouldn't be saying anything to you. It wasn't your fault. You go and grab something, I will stay back."

I open my mouth to ask her to come but decided to instead go and get something for her as well because I know even she didn't have anything to eat since morning.

I didn't get anything fancy but just some sandwiches and coffee. I was about to take the final turn to reach our benches but stopped hearing Maira talking to someone.

"How are the reports? Everything is fine, right? There's nothing to be worried about?" Accompanied by several yeses and a relief sigh she disconnected the call. If my assumption is right is was talking to the cardiologist.

I make my appearance and she straightens her back and looks at me. I give her a sandwich and a coffee but she denies it. "Have something atleast or else you will fall ill."

"No you eat I am really not hungry, especially for this hospital food. Nahh I am good but you eat, I know you are hungry I could swear I heard your stomach grumbling continuously for past hour." She scrunched her nose to show her dislike for hospital food and then a small smile. I shook my head a little and took my seat. I kept on looking at her, it was when she raised her brow that I get back to my senses and eat my sandwich.

It was almost midnight and we were on our phones, why, mostly she was on phone while I kept glancing at her like some creep.

She then tilted her head back and shifted a bit down on the chair to be able to give some chair-support to her head and closed her eyes. I could see that she wasn't really comfortable in sleeping like this as she kept of shifting and trying just to try and be in a more comfortable position but all in vain.

Half an hour later she slept somehow in a really awkward position. Again in her sleep she shifted back to her original position and her head was turning to the right and she almost strained her neck muscle due to the sudden impact she would have bore when her head fall to the side with no support.

I shifted and sat to the chair next to hers just to save her from any muscle sprain. As guessed her head fell but only to land softly on my shoulder. She loops her hands on my arm, and mumbling something incoherent, she slept. I kept my head over hers and just like that we both fell asleep. God save me incase she bursts tomorrow morning seeing us in this position. Needless to say I had the best sleep ever.