Chapter 24: Back Home

Maira's POV:

I am all set to leave tomorrow. I have mixed feelings about this move. I mean a part of me is happy about this promotion but another part is afraid if I am ready to go back to my city, as strange as it might sound. Vijay Sir is back to work now. His stay was extended as he wanted to get the new branch all ready to be started. My family knows I am moving back tomorrow and so they haven't bothered me by calling again and again.

There's a party at the office today celebrating my promotion. But in all honesty I feel these peeps are just happy to get rid of me. Anyways I need to make an appearance whether I like it or not. I hail a cab to reach office. I am in my usual formal office clothes which consists of a dark blue trousers, white shirt, and a dark blue blazer paired with black belles. Since, the weather is slightly windy the blazer doesn't make me feel hot.

I reach my office and after receiving tons of congratulations and a few gifts, I decide to make an early exit as I am in no mood to party.

I just have a small travel bag with me as the rest of my stuff will be reaching by tomorrow via movers and packers. I sleep thinking how this is my last day in this flat and how much I'll miss it, although I can come here whenever I want. This is dad's flat that he bought when I had decided to work here, despite my refusal as I didn't mind staying in a hostel. Thankfully, I stopped him from getting me a car and chauffeur to take me to places. I wanted to be independent and learn to live life on my own. I can easily get a car I know but I wanted to travel by cabs and metros. And also because I don't want my father to get things for me. I can buy a car but I didn't because I don't mind traveling by cabs, infact they are better as they often gave me an excuse to get out of late night outs on the pretext that I wouldn't wanna take cab so late at night.

******************************
I wake up in the morning and take a look around the house before I leave for the airport. In no time I reach home and not wanting to deal with anyone I make my way straight to my room and changing my travel clothes lie down on the bed to sleep.

I am woken up by one direction's "One way or another" getting blasted near my ears. Groaning I open my eyes, only to see my devil of the sisters. I turn around and hide my face inside my blanket trying to go back to sleep.

"Aish, Anaya, let her sleep. She must be tired and she even has to join work from tomorrow."

God bless jiju.

"Oh jiju please don't be a buzz killer."

"Anaya, you better listen to the buzz killer or this sleep killer will not leave you alive. Why is it so hard to be left alone!!" I say frustated-ly.

"Anaya, mah mah mah..." After the poorest mimicry one can do I feel a swoosh of air hitting me and it doesn't take long for me to realise, my blanket has been snatched from over me.

"You are dead. You better try and save yourself right now." Saying this I start chasing Anaya all around the house and let me tell you not in a happy way.

"Maira, stop it right this moment." Hearing my dad's voice I stop chasing her but not before giving her a deadly glare to which she just shows her tongue.

"Dad, tell her to stop. She started it. I was sleeping in my room comfortably when she couldn't digest my happiness."

"Ahhh... sometimes I forget who is elder amidst you guys."

"That would be Aish dii." Saying this I high-fived Anaya and we started laughing thinking the joke is funny while dad just kept looking at us as if we have gone crazy. I know you all must be thinking a minute ago we were fighting now we have ganged up against dad, well if you have siblings you know how things work.