Chapter 21: Remember this Universal Formula

Maira's POV:

Right at this moment I should feel elated about leaving this place and getting back to work. Although my flight is not until two days after tomorrow, I will leave Ajmer today with Rishi and then be back on work from Monday, after a day's rest.

I did stay in the room that Jai brought me into when I fainted since he told me to occupy it and also because I didn't wanna disturb Rishi. It's been a day since I had "the talk" with Jai and haven't heard from him since. I think I expected it but now I just wanna drown myself in the ocean of work where I don't have to think about this. The only good thing is that I am getting used to rejection for any future proposals that my parents might bring.

I already told Vijay Sir about my plans and he didn't say anything about this and I am grateful for the same. I am about to leave when we decide to go and settle our bills.

We were at the reception asking for our bill when the receptionist told me that my bill has already been dealt with.

"May I know who settled our bill?"

"Ma'am I am not allowed to tell that to you."

"Well, you either tell me who paid for us or you take money from me."

"Ma'am I have been told not to take money from you."

I look back at Rishi and he gestured me to let him take care of this as he knows I might just make things worse due to my unpredictable mood swings from past few days. I anyways had a feeling who must have settled the bill. Usually the firm pays for the stay but seeing how it was my decision to leave the palace and come and stay here, and Rishi no where is attached to the firm, we would want to pay for our stay. It even makes sense. I don't know why whoever settled our bill doesn't get it.

You know who that "whoever" is. Yes, I do but that doesn't make any difference to me at this point.

I go and take place in the lounge area trying to subside my throbbing headache but couldn't do so. I am happy that Jai and I didn't cross paths.

"Maira let's go."

I get up and taking my handbag move to exit the place when I see Jai on the reception. He is facing towards us but is looking down in his phone. I sneakily try to leave. Mark the word "try".

"Maira!"

I close my eyes and taking a deep breath turn to face him.

"Hey!"

"I will wait for you in the car." Bloody traitor! You are soon gonna be dead to me. Why does he try being a cupid where there's nothing between two people?

I see Jai nervously scratching the back of his head. "So you're leaving?"

"No, we thought of taking a trip with our bags and baggage since they were getting bored in the room."

"Are you all packed?"

"Nah, I am leaving everything behind in your room for next guests to receive it as a gift from me. These bags are empty. You know empty bags, easier to carry."

"How will you go, by car?"

"No no, why by car? I have a chopper coming for me which might just land anytime now but seeing that there's no place to land I might just have them extend a rope and play Akshay Kumar, travelling by holding onto that rope. It's not a long distance anyways." Why does he have to ask such stupid and obvious questions! Can't he just say what he wants to say!?

"Maira, about yesterday..." I was shuffling my legs till now not at all wanting to have this conversation but seems like we have to end this here.