Chapter 26: This is it

Jai's POV:

This is it. Today, I need to make sure to make that Maira listens my side. Today she'll listen and I will speak. I know all this conviction will go down in drain once I stand in front of her. I feel like a rebellious child in front of her getting intimidated without even knowing my fault.

I was told by Maira's father to wait here at the terrace, and he will send her. I reflected on how I felt tattered when I got to know that Mr. Kapoor was looking at other proposals for Maira and that was when I knew that I needed to act fast. I remember Mr. Kapoor having two conditions one he wanted to meet and family and be satisfied with everything. So, I decided to arrange for a proper introduction of both the families. I arranged the meeting few days back and though it wasn't a traditional meeting with both the families rather it was my parents and Maira's parents meeting and getting to know each other.

I understand a person's reservation while marrying off their daughter but that didn't lessen my nervousness of what if Mr. Kapoor wasn't satisfied that I am a suitable choice for Maira.

All the what ifs were making my head explode when I got a call from my parents saying that the meeting well went. I decided to meet Mr. Kapoor again so that I can try and fulfill his second condition that was to have Maira agree to this proposal.

I got to know Maira was coming back to Jaipur in two days and so I devised a plan. I asked Mr. Kapoor to not let Maira know that I am the guy he wants her to meet. It all started at the party and so, I decided to have her yes to this proposal at a party.

I wanted to organise the party at a proper hotel but Mr. Kapoor said, actually scratch that, ordered me that it will be here in this house. I wanted Maira to enjoy this party because she deserved it for coming to such great heights. I looked over all the arrangements...I mean I had help but it's the idea that matters right?

I was so thankful that Mr. Kapoor has decided to give me a chance to woo Maira and I was determined to not let it go to waste. I wanted to meet her like a complete stranger, as if it's the first time we are meeting because I don't want us to have any reservations.

I can feel hesitant footsteps making their way towards me. I wanted to turn but I also wanted to enjoy few silent moments before Maira flips over my presence here, which I know was inevitable. My until now relaxed shoulders stiffen at the thought of things not working in my favor but I did what I knew was the best in this situation, keep my cool and shove those negative thoughts away in a deep-down dungeon, all I wanted to focus on right now was to take my queen with me to our palace and not about the deep shoved dungeon-inc thoughts.

I can feel her standing there and taking in the view in front of her. We both were scared to make the first move but for this one time I want her to take a step before I take the lead for rest of our meeting hopefully.

Do you really think that Maira will allow you to take control of entire meeting today? My onner conscience mocks me.

A guy can hope if not the entire evening then atleast for some time.

She cleared her throat and taking it as a cue to reveal myself, I turned around only to be left stumped. All I see is a beautiful girl decked up in long grey flowy mesh skirt and a crop top, a slim portion of her waist visible. I am almost caught up in her open hair that are curled to perfection at the bottom, but I wanted nothing more than to drown in those deep dark brown eyes. Unfortunately, they aren't at my disposal yet because she is busy gazing at the floor.

Slowly, she raises her eyes and takes in the person in front of her. I know she hasn't yet realized that is me who is standing here. When our eyes meet, I can see the naked shock in her eyes and can see a thousand thoughts spinning inside that overly intellectual brain of hers.