Chapter 45: Celebrations

Jai's POV:

I am over the moon after Maira accepted her feelings. I went to her office to surprise her but instead got shocked. At first, I was in awe of the way Maira worked and the way she held herself. The strict and authoritative Maira was back, maybe she was there but the dynamic shift of our relation changed the way she behaved with me. It was nice seeing Maira's advocate personality. I admired the way she talked to that moron. I started following her when she was going back to her office but again hid myself seeing her return towards the imbecile. I told Maira, I wouldn't fight her battles for her but when he said that she slept her way up, I don't know what happened to me and before I knew I was punching the guy. I had to hold myself from not punching him repeatedly but there was only so much I could have controlled.

Once in Maira's office, I wanted to go and kill the person but I pertained myself to abusing him in my mind and killing him multiple times. I turned to look at Maira and saw her head down. My suspicions of her not being fine were further confirmed when she sniffed and I just knew, she was crying. I pushed her chair back and then pulled her into my chest. Her tears wet my shirt and in that moment, I wanted to go and thrash him but I controlled myself for Maira's sake. Having her wounded up in my arms when we sat in her chair was the best feeling ever and I couldn't help but keep on pecking her forehead in the need to make sure she was well.

I realised that she was hungry and that was the reason for her spouting bullshit in the car and so instead of snapping at her like I so wanted to when she was accusing me, I settled on being the mature one and feeding her before talking about anything to her. I made her eat the chocolates I got for her and she told me what I have wanted to hear from her from the day I realised, I like her more than I should.

She confessed that she likes me. I couldn't then control myself from kissing her and I might have just died happily when she responded to the kiss. Our few make out sessions, and the embarrassed Maira when Dia teased us were the other highlights that I just loved.

Once inside our room, Maira got the first aid kit and stood in front of the couch where I was sitting. I raised my eyes at her.

"Shift." She orders.

"Why?"

"Because I said."

"Sit this side."

"No, I want to sit where you are sitting, so shift now." She says narrowing her eyes. Knowing she anyways was gonna kill me for what I did downstairs, I remain seated on my place.

"Jai, if you don't shift in next 5 seconds, just know you will not like what I do." She threatens making me gulp knowing her revenges can be pretty bad.

"One"

"Two"

"Three"

"Four"

"Okay, okay, come. Sit." I shift to the other side giving her my place to sit. I huff and look to the other side before mumbling under my breath. "Tyrant."

"Hey! I heard it." she punches my arms lightly.

"It was meant to be." She pokes her tongue out at me and it is then, I notice her putting antiseptic in some cotton. "Maira, are you hurt somewhere?" I ask concerned.

"Oh God! Why did you give me such a stupid husband?" She asks looking upwards before turning towards me and taking my hand. She pressed the wet cotton to my busted knuckles only for me to hear gasps at the stinging sensation. The hilarious thing was, it wasn't me who was gasping but Maira. She had her one eye closed trying not to look too much at my now injured hands. She keeps on blowing trying to relieve any stinging but her cute stressed expressions are enough for me to bite down my lips to stop myself from laughing out loud at her. After many gasps and squinting, accompanied with a pained contorted expressions , Maira kept on holding one of my now damaged hands and staring into the space.