Chapter 36: Knocked Off

Maira's POV:

Most of the pre-wedding rituals have already taken place. We are just four days away from the wedding day and to say I am nervous is an understatement. Right now I am in the car making our way to Jai's hotel from where rest of the rituals and ceremonies are gonna take place.

Jai and I haven't met since that day in the hotel. I was happy at him being concerned for my well being but I cannot not take cases just because of few threat calls and bodyguard is out of question. It is just too suffocating. Right now I am on a week's leave. I don't know why I felt like I needed to share my win with Jai but then he was the only person who knew about the case. The decision to visit him was impromptu and the comforting welcome just made it worth it. I know that had I give this relationship a chance and I guess that's what it was. Knowing myself, had I not acted impulsively that day, I wouldn't have visited him.

Will I be able to adjust with my new life?

What if I just end up like my mom?

Will I end up like other married women, who lose their individuality?

Will I be able to fulfill everyone's expectations of being a perfect daughter-in-law, grand daughter-in-law, sister-in-law and first of all, wife?

What if Jai feels he rushed into it and later regrets it?

What-

"Snap out of it now." I look around to see my devil of a sister giving me weird looks.

"What now?"

"I have been speaking for so long but no, you have to ignore me."

"I wasn't ignoring you, I was just trying to drown your annoying voice." I reply back with a grin.

"Ughhh...you are annoying with that vocabulary of yours. Meh, meh, meh." She speaks irritatedly, poorly trying to imitate me.

"See, we reached your hotel."

"It's not my hotel." I correct her.

"Well, it's jiju's (brother-in-law) hotel, so now it will be yours."

"After four days."

"Alright, Jesus, why do you have to look into such intricacies?" She says exasperated. Before I can reply, my side of door is opened and I step out. I have to wear a traditional dress today because I cannot slog around in my office clothes or casual hippy clothes when I coming to the venue I am supposed to get married at. Not my words, my mother's. I honestly would have worne a sweatshirt and black plants seeing the slightly chilly weather but then, you need to resist cold for fashion and that's exactly what I am doing right now.

She doesn't even realise what all I have been here wearing and so, not wanting to argue with her early in the morning I settled for whatever she got for me. So, here I am in lavender suit and silver oxidised earrings and bangles. The dress is simple and elegant which is something I love and plus point, it is very comfortable.

 The dress is simple and elegant which is something I love and plus point, it is very comfortable