Epilogue

Maira's POV:

The past one and a half year has flown by very quickly. My married life has been... Interesting, I guess. I mean you don't find couples who argue over things like Jai and I do but you also won't find people who make up as quickly as we do.

I am yet on another work trip, leaving a pouty husband behind. Jai has made it a point to keep tabs on my eating every time I am not at home and as much as I appreciate his concern, I sometimes honestly don't feel like eating and so I have to trick my way out which is usually going and sitting into a restaurant and sending the bodyguards for their break while telling Jai I ate and he can confirm it from his oh-so-loyal-bodyguards. I have a feeling he knows that I lie to him sometimes, but he lets it go knowing I am sure to look after myself now especially after the last episode, if eating is the way to no injections then be it. Although, for past few days I have had few episodes of puking all thanks to my craving of street food which I agree might be unhygienic sometimes but you cannot deny they taste better than Michelin Star restaurants.

I am just packing from my work and suddenly I experience terrible headache, so much so that I have to lay down and close my eyes. Damn it! I just has some road side golgappas last night and coffee in the morning. Look again, I know roadside food are not the most hygienic ones, but the roadside golgappas cannot be compared to the restaurant ones, nope.

I look at time and realise I need to leave in an hour for the settlement meeting. Today is probably the last meeting and then I can go back home tomorrow. I hope my headache subsides before I reach the office of our opposition, or else I am sure to have a lot of problem there. I will have to ask my junior to handle the deposition which I don't want. I immediately pop down an advil to help with the pain while getting up and keeping all the stuff I might need.

I then lay down for some more time before getting up and getting ready in a pair of black pants, white shirt and black blazer. I take my bag and leave the hotel room. Reaching the office of the other company, we lay down the terms of our negotiation backing it up by the further costs they might have to incur if they decide to take the case to the court instead of settling it right there. The opposition seems to be conflicted but realising they don't have much of a choice, agree to our negotiations only with few minor changes that we didn't mind. Assuring them that they would get the paper work in next day or two, I leave the place and return to my hotel room.

I am in the lobby and am making my way towards the room, when I hear a familiar voice reaching my ears.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Ms. I-am-too-good-for-you." I turn around to see the person, who wanted to marry me just because of my father's money and thinks he is oh-so-cool.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Mr. I-live-off-of-my-father's-money." I say in a equal sarcastic voice.

"Ummm...Ms. Maira Kapoor, right?"

"Wrong, it's Mrs. Maira Jai Singh Rathore." I say putting on the most fake smile I can.

"Ah, you got married then."

"Alas, I did. And you are.... Ishaan?"

"Nishant." He corrects me.

"Oh, sorry. I don't remember male chauvinists."

"So, what does your husband do? I am pretty sure he must be some ugly working class type, seeing no upper class men must be able to tolerate your behaviour."

Before I can answer, I hear another familiar voice booming from behind me. "You are actually right, I am from working class, because I do earn by working my ass off." I turn around to see Jai making his way towards me. He comes and stands next to me, with his hand over my waist before continuing. "As for ugly, I don't think of anyone as ugly, even you with that filthy mouth of yours."