Chapter 16: The Dress

Maira's POV:
I wake up next morning feeling much better. I looked around the room just thinking about last night. I was drowned in my thoughts only to come out of them when the doorbell rang.

I got out of my super fluffy and comfortable bed and padded across the room to open the door. I open the door to face none other than...you guessed it right...Prince Jai.

"Good morning, Maira. I hope you are feeling better."

"Morning, yeah much better." We both were standing awkwardly at the gate not knowing what to say to one another.

"Move aside, you look like you've been hit by a bulldozer. I am going for breakfast, would you like to join me fatty." He literally pushed me to enter the room. This is Rishi in case you haven't already figured it out. Dumbo.

"You do realise I am the sick one here, so be careful jerk." I rubbed my arm where the bulldog just hit me and opened the door wide to allow Jai to enter.

"Whatever! You wanna have food or not."

"I will, provided you don't drop any more bombs on me."

"Cross my heart and hope to die." "Drama queen" Showing my tongue to him I entered the washroom to freshen up before getting food.

When I came out I felt the atmosphere to be a bit heated but not saying anything, the three of us went for breakfast.

"So, fatty what do you wanna have?" "I don't know what was it that Jina ordered last time we went out." The pissed look at his face was enough for me to realise I got my payback. So, for context, Jina is his ex-girlfriend who cheated on him and poor him, he was so heart broken and sad. Now, it just pisses him off when anyone takes her name.

"We doing this?" "Ummm depends if you think you can take me on. This was just a payback for yesterday." Defeated, he kept his head low looking at menu.

We had our breakfast and were about to leave, when Jai stopped us.

"I hope you both are coming tomorrow to the masquerade. It will be great to have you there."

"I am not so sure. I'll see if I can come. Thanks for inviting us."

Saying this I took Rishi's hand and dragged him before he makes any blunder, especially by the looks of his face that is yearning for me to say yes.

"But I wanna go to the party. It will be so fun. This is the invite, this is us and that's our pawri waiting for us."  (I hope you guys get the pawri/ party reference) He said once I dragged him away from Jai.

"Seriously!!" I let out quiet a loud laugh at his pawri accent. "I don't have any clothes for that and I don't think I'll get clothes my size here easily."

"Well honey you are forgetting who you are with, I will get you a dress that will make everyone turn their heads to look at you there."

"I know we won't be able to get a good dress at such a short notice no matter who I am, so if you get a dress worth my taste we might go there."

"Also, Rishi in case we go, promise me you won't leave my side, you know I get anxious in such social parties."

"Maira, I will be there with you throughout the party. Relax!!"

We went to Rishi's room and relaxed for sometime. We talked about random things with him telling me about his work and asking me about mine.

"Umm...Maira, I know I asked you yesterday too but are you sure that there's nothing going on between you and that Jai guy? You know you can share anything with me right?"