Chapter 34: My Lioness!

Jai's POV:

It's been a week since we got officially engaged and I haven't seen Maira since that day on the terrace. Next morning she left early on the pretext of office, making me yearn to see her face. Her sister and brother-in-law went back whereas Armaan is still here, being his annoying self.

Maira and I haven't talked much apart from me asking her how her day was going or wishing her good morning and good afternoon, the reply for which I didn't get immediately. It's only when I try to initiate the conversation that she will talk. Maira is a closed off person that I have come to know, but I want her to yearn me like I do for her.

On the terrace that day I knew that Maira is an adult child, no matter how oxymoron-ous it sounds. She will get angry, excited or happy like small kids. I smile remembering how she was not speaking to me but talking to me. I remember seeing her texting someone and getting intrigued thinking who she was texting that late at night and I could have sworn I had a comical expression realising she was indeed texting me only. My life is gonna be handful with Maira in it, with all her mischievous ways and I honestly cannot wait.

But right now, all I know is I want to see Maira and I am going to do just that. It's late afternoon and I am in my office with Armaan sitting in front of me. I am thinking of leaving right now, so that I can catch up with Maira as she leaves her office.

"Bhai (Brother), do you know how bhabhi managed to get me here?" He raises his head from his phone to look at me.

"Huh, she isn't willing to tell me."

"Ohhh, you know I got such VIP treatment. It was only me on the entire flight. Such an amazing experience. I was happy I could made it to your engagement." He says obviously delighted with his lavish travel.

"I was happy to have you there. It would have been incomplete." I speak before continuing.

"I am gonna head out, I have some work. Tell mom I am gonna be home late." Armaan raises his brow smirking.

"Where are you gonna go, bhai (brother)?"

"I told you I have some work."

"What work do you have?"

"I don't need to tell you." I am racking my brain to come up with some believable work but am going all blank.

Armaan for some reason had an inkling that I want to meet Maira and am missing her too much, especially since today morning and so he hasn't left any chance in bringing her up every now and then.

"Ahh, bhai I was just asking so that I can get it done for you while you can go back home."

"No, you don't have to worry about it. I will manage it."

"Why do your flustered state hint towards you going to meet bhabhi?"

"I am not flustered." I glare down at him.

"Okay, so let's go. We both can go and get the work done."

"No!" I literally shout at him.

"What! What happened?" He looks shocked now.

I let out a sigh. "You are right, I am going to meet Maira. Can I go now?" There's no sense hiding it from him and anyways I am going to meet my fiancee.

"Yes, yes let's go!" He says excitedly.

"Not us. I am going alone." I say raising my eyes at him.

"Oh, please bhai it's been long I haven't met bhabhi. I will leave in a few days. Please lemme come with you." He gave me his puppy dog eyes and this gave me an idea.