Chapter 14: Keep Your Hands Off

Jai's POV:
The last thing before I felt a jerk on my neck is keeping my head on Maira's and falling asleep.

Before I can comprehend what happened and what woke me up with such a jerk, I saw Maira running out. I went outside once I came out of my daze. I saw Maira bent over in a corner throwing up and gagging. I went upto her and rubbed her back, held her hair back. Once she stopped I went and got her some water.

I asked her to have something but she flipped on me. She infuriates me so much. I mean she hasn't eaten anything from atleast yesterday afternoon and she even threw up. Now it seems like she wants to be admitted here. I tried getting her to eat but not having any luck, I went inside.

I sat outside the room but thought of going to see the doctor just for an update. I went and saw Maira coming out, apparently she already talked to the doctor.

We went and sat outside just hoping to have dadu all fit and fine and take him back with us. Slowly the hospital started getting crowded and before someone else could take a seat beside Maira without her doubting, I took advantage of a family coming our way and sat next to her.

I don't know why but I wanted to sit there just like yesterday night with her head on my shoulder. She didn't mention anything about last night, so I am good to go I guess. The thing with Maira is that you never know when she will flip on you or be sarcastic, so I try to not get on her bad side.

Soon we got to know dadu is awake and we can meet him. Informing everyone at home, I went inside with Maira in tow. I felt Maira stopping by at the door. I went inside and saw dadu sitting. No one would say he had a surgery a day before.

"How are you dadu? You know you gave us all a heart attack with this heart attack of yours." My eyes went moist and I was speaking slowly.

"I am all well now, relax young man."

"I am well relaxed, you will be relaxed once you meet dadi and see her happy side waiting to welcome you."I say with a slight chuckle.

"Well then let's just stay here. I don't wanna go." We shared a quite laughter and I noticed Maira is not there anymore. I hope she isn't sick again.

"Who are you looking for?" I didn't realise I was still looking at the door. "Oh no one. Just hoping dadi doesn't come here with her slippers and rolling pin to welcome you." Dadu let out a laugh and I smiled at successfully diverting him.

Seems like I am caught after all he is my grandfather. "Done trying to change the subject? So now tell me. It was that lawyer girl right? Is that lawyer girl, what's her name..." "Maira." I answer him too quickly and enthusiastically, receiving a smirk from him. "Ahh! Yes yes, now is Maira the reason you don't wanna marry? And you have my swear don't lie to me." I look at him shocked to even question this by just me looking at the door for her but I guess with age comes wisdom, knowledge and experience.

"I don't know dadu. Firstly, I felt I am just not ready for marriage but now I don't know. I mean she might be half the reason but I am not sure if there is or will be something between us. I mean we are two very different people and I don't think she even likes me as a human being. I am not sure about my feelings let alone hers."

"Ahhhhh...well son I think you just need to ask your heart what is it that you are feeling without worrying about her reaction or her feelings about you. I am sure she doesn't despise you and even if she does you know there is a very thin line between love and hate. Now tell me when can we go home?" He changed the subject so quickly that it took me a moment to answer him.

"Just after the test results come in and we know you are fine and there's nothing to worry."

I went and sat outside waiting for dadu to be discharged. Soon, we got him home everyone was so happy, and the best was dadi threatening and scolding dadu for pulling this stunt and dadu acting to be all scared. They are so cute together, something I hope with my someone special.