Chapter 38: The Marriage

Jai's POV:

HOW THE FREAKING HELL CAN HE DO THIS? HE IS HERE FOR HER MARRIAGE THAT IS ARRANGED TO ME AND NOT HIM.

"What do you think is my answer, Harsh?" This is what Maira replies. I mean can't she just say a clear no.

"I think it's a ye-"

"NO." My booming voice echoes slightly in the corridor but I couldn't care less. The two heads snap in my direction and now I am standing in front of them and I can hear Harsh gulping loudly.

"What the hell do you think you were doing here?" My seething voice questions the jerk standing still unfazed.

"Umm... proposing Maira?" His duh tone making me want to smash his face.

"And why would you do that when you know she is getting married to me?" I just want to punch his face and not question him like this.

"Beca-"

"Jai, let it be, let's go back." Maira interrupts him.

"No, I want to know why did he think this was a good idea." I turn my gaze back to the culprit here.

"I lov-"

"DON'T YOU FREAKING DARE!" Not being able to control myself further, I grab him by his collar glaring him down, trying to shrink him just by my raging gaze.

"Maira, babe-"

"DON'T CALL HER THAT." I stop his meek voice. I raise my hand close to punching his face but I cannot bring my hand more forward.

"Maira, you owe me a big one for this. Just tell him already, woman." Harsh says in a rushed scared voice.

I turn to look at Armaan holding my hand to stop me beating the shit out of Harsh, all the while him and Maira trying to control their laughter while Harsh looking scared for his life.

"Stop being a drama queen. I don't owe you anything, this was your idea and you volunteered" Maira rolls her eyes before focusing on me.

"How was the prank?"

"WHAT!?"

"I asked, how did you-"

"I already got that. Did you really think it was funny?" I ask, way too calm now as I was few minutes ago.

"Well, this was the final payback and before anything else, please leave my poor scared friend." The glint in her eyes making me forget the rage I was feeling and I withdraw my hand and leave his collar before grabbing my brother by his collar.

"You bloody knew!" I say accusingly.

"Guilty! Team bhabs all the way." He says grinning.

"You do realise, I couldn't hit Harsh but I have all the rights to give you a bloody makeover." Armaan looks over my shoulder and says the only word he can.

"Bhabs!"

"No, you aren't giving my dear devar (younger brother-in-law) any makeover. Leave him at this moment." Maira's stern voice forcing me to leave my brother and eventhough I am not happy with the events that just took place, I turn around to face her with a slight pout.

"One punch?" I ask her cutely, trying to convince her.

"No." She looks over my shoulder before continuing.

"What about a slap?" I give hopeful looks.

"No"

"Please."