Chapter 15: I am not jealous

Maria's POV:
"What are you doing here?" I asked once we entered the room.

"I told you I came here for some work. I have a meeting here scheduled for tomorrow."

"Okayyyy then..." I am still not satisfied with his answer but I let it go.

"Maira is something going on with that Prince and you? Don't get me wrong but the entire time the looks he gave me had me worried for my life there."

Seriously!! I look at him in disbelief. "Are you out of your mind? There's nothing going on between us and you might be confused, I am sure the Prince wasn't giving any looks. He is very calm from what I figured."

"Okay if you say so. So, Maira why did you need a place to stay? I mean you should have had your room if you are here for past few days, right?"

How much should I tell him? I mean Rishi is a bit overprotective and I don't think he will appreciate what happened to me. He might even get angry honestly.

I decided to tell Rishi everything because I know he would get everything he wants to know from somewhere and he'll be more hurt if he gets it from somewhere else.

"What the hell!! How dare them treat you like that!? You helped them and they said all that to you. Maira you are not the one to listen all this then why now. You don't even need to work, so why even put up with such a boss for whom you have worked so hard and he still thinks of you as what...a liability! Hell!" Rishi has gone in full shouting mode.

"Rishi, calm down. I have had a hectic day already and I just wanna take some rest."

"Maira I know you don't like hospitals...are you alright?"

"Yeahhh I am fine I guess." Clearing my throat I decided to change the topic to something light. Before I can do that we hear the doorbell ring. I stood up to open the door. It's probably just my bags and stuff.

"Ummm...Maira I was thinking if you wanted to go grab dinner. I know you must be hungry." Surprise, surprise, it's not.my stuff.

"Maira who is it?" I look back to see Rishi closing in on us.

"Oh...Hey!! What's up man?" Rishi says to Jai.

"Hiii... I just came to invite you guys to have dinner. I hope you don't mind." Rishi is an impulsive person and after everything I told him he might unnecessarily take out his frustration on Jai, so I think it's better that I decline his offer.

"Actually Prince..." " We would love it." What!? BTW that's Rishi who agreed to dine with him. Wasn't he pissed at him just a few minutes ago?

Before I can make any excuse, Rishi drags me with him and soon the three of us take our seats in the restaurant...the three of us awkwardly take our seats to be more specific.

"So, Prince tell me something about yourself." I throw an incredulous look to Rishi only to get a lopsided smile in return.

"Just Jai is fine. Well I don't really have much to talk about myself. I am still trying to do something worthwhile in my life to answer that question about myself."

"Woahhhhhhhh!! Didn't expect that from a Prince. I feel you are amidst those modest people who want other's to appreciate them after such a dialogue. My bad." What the heck!?

"Rishi, behave." I sternly look at him. I can see Jai feeling uncomfortable.

"Rishi do you mind coming with me for a second?" I ask him giving Jai the fakest smile I have gotten used to. "We'll be right back. Just give us a moment."

The Royal Arrangementजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें