Chapter 20: All over the place

Maira's POV:

I watch Jai go out to fetch me food and it's only been a minute when I hear someone enter the room. I see Rishi standing there and from the looks of it I can tell that he hates himself for not being there for me.

"About time you came to check on me."

"I did come twice since morning, but you seemed busy giving me a silent treatment by not waking up. I am sorry Maira I failed-"

"Shut up Rishi. You did what you had to. Now let's forget about last night." Rishi comes and takes the seat that was previously occupied by Jai and sat there.

"What are you gonna do about the fiancé thing Maira?"

"I cannot marry him Rishi. See him and then see me and not from the eyes of my brother but a normal person. This is not the conventional way of two strangers getting married. Why would he wanna marry me? I am so confused I just don't wanna take any decision that either of us regret later on"

I add further, "Rishi I know I have to get married and even if I don't want it to happen now, it will happen in maybe next year or two and I have accepted that I don't have a fairytale life where a prince is gonna come and I don't even want it. I would rather be a warrior princess than have a knight in shining armor. I just want a person who respects me and supports me in achieving my dreams and having just gotten a promotion, I don't know I am just so confused and all over the place." I hide my face in my hands wants to just cry and relieved that I let things out. Rishi wrapped his arms around me and I let out a few sobs before going back to normal.

"Maira this is one of the few times I have seen you cry-" "the first and the only time" I correct him.

"Whatever so as I was saying, you are the best person I know and I am not saying this because you are my sister, I am saying this because I know how kind hearted you are and the kindness you hide behind the iron hard armor of yours to protect it for shattering. I just want you to at least take a chance, a risk. You never know life might surprise you. As for Jai, you deserve him and much better. The guys seems head over heels for, he literally punched that guy so badly, he is so jealous of me because he thinks I am a friend of yours or something more and I was asked to not tell you but to let you in on a little secret, your dress yesterday was a gift by him. Do you think that he does this all for every girl?"

I am shocked at this revelation but I don't leave my ground. "Maybe he does, how am I supposed to know. Maybe he did it just as a sweet gesture and anyone would have punched a monster trying to take advantage of a person. Also, you have misread his kind behavior as jealousy."

"You are now trying to play devil's advocate so I will let you be but just know you both may not have deep feelings for each other but I know you enough and have seen and observed him enough to know that you both together will be good. You just need to give yourself a little push to accept it."

"Blah blah blah...I am not letting you get into my mind." Before I can say something else I see Jai enter the room with some food.

"Hey..." Rishi and I both decide to shut ourselves and I can feel a slight tension between the two guys but I remain mum. I eat the food and decide to go and freshen up. I get out from the bed and it is now that I realize that my clothes have been changed. I am now wearing a plain white kurta and some leggings.

I take a quick shower and wear the same clothes since I don't have any. I move out only to see a bag lying on the bed and a note aside. I pick up the bag and see my clothes inside.

Thought you might need these.

I am thankful to whoever got me these clothes and change into a fresh set of clothes.