Chapter 3: Again So Soon!?

Maira's POV:
It's been two weeks since we had a meeting with the Royal family and the work regarding that is being taken care of by me personally as they are important to Sir. Right now I am in Sir's cabin updating him about the status of cases we have.

"Sir, I have kept the file you asked for at your table. The patent's case we filed against Sharma's have succeeded and we will get compensation on that and other cases that are lined up are all under control and you will get information about each as the hearing comes closer. I shall take a leave now."

I was about to turn around to go back to my cabin but I was stopped by Vijay Sir. I looked at him expectantly for some other work which he might assign me.

"Maira as you know about the Rathore's case more than me and you are looking after it personally you need to visit Ajmer and look after their business and meet the people they are planning on merging with, try and understand their strength and weaknesses and everything required to know for us to advise them. And since Uday has asked for me I will be accompanying you. We leave tomorrow, reach the airport at 6 in the morning and don't be late. You can leave now and do not worry your work will be looked by Rahul in case there's some emergency."

Just like that I was dismissed from the office and I came back to my cabin thinking of all the things I need to get done before leaving tomorrow. I haven't even been told the duration I leave for....Ughhhhh. How am I supposed to pack without knowing the number of day I am leaving for and for how many days should I get the work done!!!

The day at office was way too hectic and after getting done with a lot of work and giving instructions to my colleague, Rahul, I left for home. Reaching I first went to kitchen to eat something as I was literally starving. I saw some left over food from last night and reheated it and gobbled it. Soon changing into my pyjamas, I started packing all the things I might need in Ajmer which honestly included few sets of clothes, some formal and some casual, the papers I might need and my MacBook. Not being a makeup person or a "fashionista" it took me around 20 minutes to pack my bag.

Setting my alarm I went to sleep all the while thinking of meeting the Royals again so soon.

_____________
A loud buzz disturbed my sleep. Groaning I rolled on my stomach to reach for the alarm clock on my bedside. Squinting my eyes I saw the time and seeing it was already 4:38 I woke up since I needed to get ready to reach the airport on time.

I rolled out of bed and was making a list mentally of all the things I need to do before leaving and I came out of this headspace with a loud "ouchhhh" which was me, obviously. Me being the clumsy me had to hit my toe at the edge of the cupboard.

Let me tell you it hurts like heck and if you don't trust me, then try it yourself. One thing you should know about me by now is I am way too clumsy and so I get hurt very easily, hurt in the physical sens,  just saying. I am not those emotional girl types no offense.

Soon, I got ready with my limping self and was out and about to reach the airport. I reached the airport at 5:50 and was waiting for Sir and I didn't have to wait for long and soon we were checking in and to my surprise, there was a private jet waiting for us???? I literally questioned myself if I was dreaming, I mean it not like lawyers don't travel in private jets but I was not expecting this, but then we are going to the Rathore's so what else can I expect.

To be honest I was fully awake now and was thinking about how much freaking money do they have. Bloody Richie Rich(s)! I just hope they do not turn out to be arrogant, they didn't seem the first time I met them but then again we didn't interact that much.

Soon we reached Jaipur airport and a car was supposed to pick us up which would take us to Ajmer. I was just getting down all the while praying not to fall face first and embarrass myself. But to my dismay God wanted to give some entertainment to people around and I happen to have slipped while climbing down the last few steps.....and no, no price charming came to my rescue prevention me from falling and unlike the princesses in fairytales I didn't have a smooth landing. I fell hard and thankful to God  that I was wearing black. Immediately coming back to my feet I thanked that no one of importance saw me as Sir was ahead of me calling someone and I do not think people from Royal family would have time to pick us up. So I am good to go. Yayyyyyy!!!!

I was smiling inside and doing a happy dance even though my bums hurt from that fall along with the heels of my hand but it's okay. Not a big deal. I walked where Sir was standing waiting for car.

"I hope you had a smooth flight and a smoother landing?!"  I turned around closing my eyes as I knew who the person was and from their mocking tone I understood he saw the graceful moment I just had . You guessed it right it was none other than Prince Jai himself. He was wearing a light blue three piece suit looking devilishly handsome.

Sir turned around and hugged him telling him we had a great flight and then with a smug smile he turns towards me. I am waiting for him to say something to embarrass me...

"I hope you also had a smooth landing" I just gave him a way-to-sweet-and-fake-smile "Very!" and put on my shades to ignore him. Thankfully he didn't talk about my graceful moment just a while back.

I picked from the conversation he was having with Sir that he was already in Jaipur due to some work and also King Uday wanted him to pick us up as his best friend was coming and so here he was.

Soon we were on our way to Ajmer and it was by lunch time that we arrived at the Raj Bhavan (where the Rathore family lived). Thankfully throughout the journey the Prince didn't talk to me and vice versa. He just had some small convos with Vijay Sir.

Getting out of the car I was awestruck by the palace in front of me, the architecture was just..... beautiful.. "I know right!!" The Prince excitedly commented and due to this I let out a sream and jumped quite high. I guess I spoke that out loud. This resulted into my shades falling from the top of my head and breaking apart.

I have embarassed myself enough in front of him in this short span but not wanting to give him the chance of mocking I held me head high walking beside sir while he was leading the way.

I don't give anyone the satisfaction of embarrassing me so easily.

_________________________________________

OMG guys they finally met again and this time hopefully for a longer time than before.
What do you think will happen now?

Guys again this is my first story so kindly bear with me and my poor skills.
Please vote, share and comment to show your support.

Thank you!!