Chapter 30: First Date with Miss Sarcastic

Maira's POV:

I look over to Jai and see him concentrating on the road ahead of us.

"Where are we going?"

"That's for me to know and for you to find out." He gives me a playful wink.

"Are my clothes appropriate for that place? I don't want to look out of place."

"You should have thought about it before leaving your home." I sense the teasing tone in his voice.

"You should have informed me beforehand so it's your fault technically. You surely don't know how to plan a date."

"Well, Ms. Kapoor can never be wrong now, can she?"

"Nope, never." I say in a proud tone before settling down to looking outside. It's not a long drive before I see we are at a dhaba (a street side open restaurant).

"I hope you don't have any problems eating here, I mean I thought the weather is nice and the food here is good-"

"Oh God! Are you gonna make me die out of hunger here? The food is already calling my name. Can we just go now?"

"Do you wanna eat in the car or go sit outside on cot and eat there?"

"Obviously, outside." I say in a duh tone.

"Come on then." Before he can make his way to open the door for me, I lunge out of my seat. It's been so long since I had dhaba food. I don't like eating alone, especially if it's outside. So, I rarely went to such places because you know the people I usually go out with don't like coming to such places while I am just the opposite. I just love such places. The food here is just...chef's kiss worthy.

Jai chuckles seeing my excitement but doesn't comment seeing the glare I send his way. We take our seat on a cot, sitting opposite to one another while, a small slab is placed on cot for food.  The liveliness of the place just created a type of buzz where you can't help but be cheerful and excited.

"So, what do you wanna eat?" I ask him before he can ask me the same and I answer 'anything'.

"Hmm...I see, you already ask me to order so that you don't have to do such a burdensome task."

"I play intellectually. I have brains you know, unlike you." I shoot a smirk his way.

"Brains?" He raises his eyebrows at me.

"Yes, didn't you know, God gave your brain also to me alongside mine, hence, brains." I say smugly.

"Have you ever been proven wrong, Maira?"

"Hmm...I don't remember the last time I was proven wrong. Will let you know whenever I remember." I say while making a thinking face, staring far off to make it all believable. Jai lets out a laugh.

Jai shakes his head and settles with a smile adorning his face. "Well, my lady since we established that you have quite an exquisite taste, lemme order food for you accordingly. May I know which cuisine my lady would fancy to have?" I decide to play along Jai in the same fake accent.

"Seeing, that the Prince has brought his lady to such a place, I am afraid she'll have to settle for Indian food. She just hopes it's upto her expectations."

"Be assured my lady you won't be disappointed." We were in middle of our pathetic acting when a young boy came to take our orders. Jai placed the order before turning back to me.

"So, are you happy?"

"Happy about what?"

"The dates?"