Chapter 5: No More Embarrassment Please

Maira's POV:
I was following the Prince, all the while quite excited to see the palace, where he gets to live. That's so cool. I was walking next to Vijay Sir and soon we were up the front porch and I raised my eyes to see the large dark brown wooden doors that lead inside the palace with local handicrafts on it. I wanted to go near and touch it but not wanting to embarrass myself I just kept on following until we reached a large sitting area (although I think all areas in this palace are gonna be pretty huge so I need not mention) where there were two males one of whom I recognised as King Uday and the other seemed to be older, probably the Prince's Grandfather and three females one seemed to be around my age, and the other two were older, all seated at the lavish couch. Please don't mind me going all gaga over the place, I just love such places and get over-excited.

As soon as King Uday realised our arrival, a broad smile made it's way on his face and he came forward and shook hands with Vijay Sir and gave him a manly hug. He then looked towards me and I just folded my hands and bowed my head, on which he kept his hand on my head blessing me. I then saw Vijay Sir going forward and meeting everyone as he knew them already while I stood there awkwardly while the happy meet and greet was going on with lots of chitter-chatter. Soon the buzz died down and I felt everyone staring at me, to hide my consciousness I pulled up my professional face and gave a small smile that I am so used to passing in meetings and parties.

I could see a great judgemental look being given by the females present. Now that I notice I can see that the older females were wearing lavish silk sarees while the younger one had an anarkali suit and all had jewellery accessorising them while here I was in western formal wear. No offense but looking at them I feel suffocated because I cannot do heavy clothing especially on a daily basis.

Prince Jai, may God bless his soul, to bring me out of my misery introduced me to the rest of the people who were, Maharaja Mahendra Singh Rathore, his grandfather, Maharani Usha Singh Rathore, his grandmother, Rani Savitri Singh Rathore, his mother, and last but not the least Dia, his younger sister. I touched the feet of the Maharaj and Maharani while folded my hand and bowed slightly to the Rani and a formal handshake and a hello to Dia. I can feel them checking me out too to bottom and making me feel like I am getting my character certificate but being used to it I choose to ignore the lingering looks while standing awkwardly.

It was lunch time and I was damn hungry. Seems like the Maharaj read my mind as he ordered the servants to serve the lunch. We reached the dining room and no matter how much I wanted to sit there and eat something, I didn't want to impose on them like this especially since judging from their faces earlier I could tell they weren't expecting me.

Excusing Vijay Sir from the rest I asked "Sir, I will take a leave now, I don't think that we'll be doing any work today and anyways I will be staying at Royal Regal only. So, we can meet there to discuss about work."

"You can eat and then leave I am sure they won't mind and I know you must be famished cause I haven't seen you eat anything since we started our journey."

"Sir it's alright I don't wanna impose myself and I will have something after reaching the hotel room."

"Vijay, some problem there?" asked Raja Uday.

"No no, it's just Maira was leaving for the hotel as she is tired and we are anyways not doing any work today so I was telling her to go and take some rest for the day."

"Oh but let her have something here I ams ure she must be hungry."

I was about to deny when an authoritarian voice came shushing everyone "Everyone sit down and have your food now, including you." Not having an option I sat at the table and coincidently I sat next to Dia while Jai sat opposite to me.