Chapter 33: Midnight Conversations

Maira's POV:

It's night right now and I raise my hand to look at the two rings adorning my hand, one is a simple engagement band with diamonds studded all around while other one is a rose gold band ring with uncut diamonds placed in a shape of beautiful flower. The two are placed in my ring finger only and go well together.

I am amazed by the thoughtfulness that went into getting these two rings that too at such a short notice. Though the flower ring isn't really giving a wedding ring vibes, the emotions behind it is more than what I can ask for on my arranged marriage. The rings weren't unbelievably huge drawing attention but they would draw attention when looked at from close by due to the intricacies it held.

Every word that Jai said just made me feel as if it's been years we have been together while it's only been few weeks that too of professional interaction mostly.

Currently, I am lying in my bed thinking how my life has changed and the more changes that awaits in the upcoming few weeks. Beside me Anaya is snoring herself to sleep while I cannot seem to do that. Getting up from my bed I decide to sit outside on the terrace for sometime as it might help cool me off.

"Are you now gonna tell me?"

"Freak!!" I shriek out loudly hearing someone behind me. My heart is beating rapidly. I place my heart and close my eyes to calm myself.

Shoot! I just shouted. I immediately jumped from my seat, before open the door of my room, only to see miss sleeping beauty still snoring away.

"I am sorry, didn't mean to startle you." Jai seems embarrassed as he scratches the nape of his neck.

"Well, your sorry wouldn't cut for the almost heart attack I was about to have." I tell him before taking my seat again.

"What did you wanna know, by the way?" I question him remembering it.

"Oh, that, I was asking how you managed to get Armaan here in such a short period? I mean I tried but I couldn't do it."

"I thought I already told you I won't tell you how I made it happen."

"Come on Maira, please."

"Nah. Is the Prince sad that he couldn't get something done while I got it done?" I say in a teasing voice. He shook his head before sitting next to me.

"Maira, you only told Anaya that you and I are one, so I couldn't be bothered but be glad that you were able to get Armaan here. Thank you so much. It meant a lot to me."

"Ah, don't worry about it, it wasn't really difficult." I wave him off with a flick of my hand.

"So, what are you doing here at this time?"

"I am surely not dancing if you couldn't tell."  I reply sarcastically.

"Well, aren't you captain obvious."

"Well, that title is already taken by you and your obvious questions that reign in this field." I can see him reminiscensing the times he had been so obvious with his questions with me and a small smile made its way on his lips.

I notice Jai's features so closely for the first time. His sharp jawline, his pointed nose are all a stark contrast to my bubbly cheeks and buttoned nose. His dark hair falling over his forehead making me want to run my hands through it.

"Maira, are you happy?"

"Well, I am certainly not crying." I answer back.

"Can I ask you something?" I ask.