28

She sat in the hospital bed looking as lifeless and still as a dead leaf in autumn. Everyday she sees the doctors shake their heads and tell themselves she's not going to make it. If only they knew she could hear them. Every. Single. Damn. Day.
      Her lungs were filled with tumors. The girl was born with a rare lung disease that made her body form too many white blood cells, eventually spreading tumors in her lungs. The disease was hereditary, but her family files showed nothing of anyone else who had carried it before her. This was the work of something else hereditary in her family. Every doctor who'd met her reported back that it was no one's fault this was happening to her. Though one man thought otherwise, and knew someone was to blame.

Today was finally his chance to get his daughter back, and maybe some real help. Maybe someone who would listen to him, who could finally save his daughter from dying only at fourteen. He knew he had to get back at the doctor who didn't want to help her — both of them needed to show him revenge. The night was dark and silent just like the hospital rooms. Well, almost silent. Her room was filled with every technology a hospital had to offer.
Beeps and soft hums emanated from the machines, that should've kept her up. Though being in the hospital for years at a time, she was used to it. Her short jaw length blonde hair was tangled and knotted in waves, and though she slept throughout all the days she was there, under her eyes were dark. The way she breathed was normal, but the slowness of her breathing had her already looking dead. Next to her bed on the right side was an oxygen tank that was hooked up to a mask that was placed on her mouth. It was her only way of getting air.

Looking down at his daughter, he took the IV bag and placed it in the pocket of his military coat. He unhooked many other machines from her, which seemed to wake her up. Her brown eyes went wide with surprise and her heart started to speed up, which made a loud rapid noise in the room, alerting nurses. He quickly unhooked her from the machine and leaned down to see her face that he missed so much.
"Are you ok?" He asked, brushing his thumb against her cheek. She was too surprised to make a gesture or look like she was smiling.
"C'mon," He said, his Russian accent showing, "I'm getting you out of here." He picked her up bridal style and ran out of the room, being careful not to hurt her, drop her, have the tubes cut off her oxygen from the tank, or pop the IV bag in his pocket. The tank was touching the ground or being held in the air once every few seconds by him, making sure she could still breathe. From behind him, a few feet down the hall, a doctor cried out, "Stop him!" In front of him, the man saw two guards at the doors. Swiftly setting the tank down, he pulled the gun from his pocket and shot the two officers dead.

Sirens were screaming as loud as the residents and doctors in the hospital as they tried to hide and find the man and his daughter. The two of them made it out without anyone on their tail. He had a stolen military Jeep parked just on the perimeter where the hospital grounds ended and the woods started. He placed her in the passenger seat with her tank still connected to her in the back, and her IV bag hanging from the review mirror. "Don't worry, my darling," He said as he drove away from the hospital, "I will make sure to get you better again. I have a plan to give you more strength, you'll be well again, I promise."
      Her brown eyes looked into his, the same eyes they shared. She also got his chiseled chin, pointed nose, and body structure. What she didn't have from him was his hair, his wasn't as blonde as hers. It was from her mother, who she gave up caring for when no one gave her an answer as to where she was. As they drove along in the night, the girl was in fear of what her father had in store for her. He was out for revenge, and no one could stop a monster like him.

****************************************************************************************************

Short, iffy, kinda bad, but it looks so much nicer!! 😂😂