20

School was a bit better for the rest of the week, and that picture of the cells from Dad's lab wouldn't leave my mind. Dad said that they were injected with the serum he's studying, so I'm somehow going to easily slide the idea to him that he should use radiation, to take away the radiation that's already in the cells. Hopefully that'll solve some of the problem, and he can be back home getting enough sleep and whatnot.

My Friday's always end with a happy feeling in the air, but this Friday was ruined by Levi.
"IT'S FRIDAY BITCHACHOS!" Levi screamed. Jax angrily turned to Levi.
"Would you just shut up?" He asked.
"What am I doing?" Levi asked with his hands out in defense.
"First off, you're embarrassing yourself. Second, that makes me not want to hang out with you." I say.
"Oh, I'm sorry. If only I cared." Levi says sarcastically with a hand over his heart. I gave him the glare I use to look at people I don't like.
"I loathe you." I told him.
"Awe! I love you too!" Levi said, overly gushing. "You know, Kerry, I always saw a spark between us ever since we looked — "
"Shut the hell up." I snapped.
"But do you love me?" Levi asked.
"Don't push your luck." I say.
Jax laughed. "So, how was your Dad?" Jax asked.

"Hm? Oh," I said, remembering I told them about meeting Dad at work. "He's fine, he was really excited to see me. And now I'm gonna walk to his building."
"Isn't his building like, a long way away?" Jax asked.
"Yeah, but I barely exercise so..." I said with a shrug at my shoulders. Jax shrugs and continues to walk to his car. Levi does the same, and that means I'm all alone when exiting the school grounds. I walk to the corner of Darby and Kahn when I pull out my cell phone, and search through my contacts until I find Dad's number. I didn't exactly have a lot of people in my contacts, most of them were just family. When I saw Jennifer Walters as a contact, an instant memory of her hit me like a baseball to the head.

I was wearing a long sleeve shirt, a jacket, and a big snow coat that covered my snow pants. Blue mittens were placed over my tiny hands. Pink fluffy snow boots accompanied me, and someone had just placed a purple snow hat on my head.
"Come on Bruce, let her go outside." It was Jen, and she was grabbing my hand, pulling me to the front door of my apartment. Dad had grabbed Jen's arm. I couldn't remember his facial expression, but he was surely paranoid.
"N-No! She's been okay with staying inside." He told her, keeping a hand on Jen's arm.
"Are you kidding me? She's a child, it's snowing, kids love snow. You can't keep her in your watch forever, you know." Jen had tilted her head, but I couldn't tell how she felt. It felt like she had mixed emotions in that time, but I wasn't too sure. All I knew was that they were both upset.
Dad then took his hand off her arm, sighed, and opened the door. "Bring her back inside in an hour or so." After that, I remembered being outside, having a snowball fight with Jen, then building a faceless snowman with her.

Jen was Dad's cousin, and I knew they were very close family members. They were practically best friends. Even though she's technically not, I still call her my aunt. She's my godmother, and that's the one job she actually likes. I heard she used to be a lawyer, then quit for reasons I'm not sure of. The way I hear it, she had to have gotten fired. The last I've heard of her, she was in Virginia looking for jobs, and that was a year or two ago.
A part of me wanted to call her and see how things were. I wanted to remind her about the snowball fight we had and faceless snowman we had built from God knows when how old I was. Would she remember?

I reminded myself I needed to call Dad. After a few rings it sends me straight to voicemail and I have to hear that annoying robot lady talk telling me I could leave a message. "Hey Dad! It's me, Kerry, your daughter. Just wanted to say hi — oh, and is it alright if I come down to the building? I mean, I'm already walking down to it but, when you see me you'll love me — hopefully. So bye!" I said into the phone.
Maybe Dalia was at the building now too? Why can't Dad just ask her out already? I could do it for him since I already blabbed about his crush on her... Maybe I shouldn't. Thinking about how cool she was when I actually met her yesterday made me laugh. She's so fun! I had this stupid thought that Dad's company got Dalia just to have him go out with her, but then I remembered the people who work there just wanted Dad to sleep so he could go back and work even more.