6

After lunch I have Science, and it's very easy for me. I'm supposedly a 'child genius' when it comes to this. I know for a fact that Dad's a genius at Science, which planted him in a spot for school, similar like me. Well, I'm a genius, I just don't think I'm a 'child genius'.

"Ok," Mrs. Laster says after she turned on the smart board, with today's notes in her hand. "Lets talk Radiation," Everyone opens their journals and get ready. "Who can tell me what Radiation is?" I look around the classroom before raising my hand.
"Kerry?"
"It's a divergence out from a central point; in evolution, from animal or plant group, which can turn into new forms." I answer.

Mrs. Laster turned around slowly, "No... " She looks at me, with a bewildered expression on her face.
"Oh, wait, that was biology's definition... Uh... Radiation is the emission on energy as electromagnetic waves; sub moving particles — with especially high — energy particles." I explain, looking down at my notebook. Mrs. Laster didn't reply. Silence filled the air. Everyone in the room was looking at me, shocked.

"How did you learn both meanings?" Mrs. Laster asked, fully turning towards my table. Facing her, the words are caught in my throat, "I-I uh... I have books at home, I guess." Dad has these expert Science textbooks. As a kid, I pretended I was the smartest scientist in the world, and pretend to teach a class of stuffed animals.
It was a second later that the door opened, breaking the awkwardness. Jax was at the door with our class schedule in hand. "Hello, can I help you?" Mrs. Laster asked him. Jax looked down at the paper.
"My schedule has been switched, and I now have Science after lunch." Mrs. Laster walked over to him and looked at his schedule.

"It appears you do." She said with a raise of her eyebrows. Her eyes then wandered the class, looking for an open spot for him. It was then I noticed, I had a table of my own. No one sat with me, and I was okay with that, because I liked being focus.
"Why don't you take a seat next to Miss Banner," Mrs. Laster points at me. Jax gives me a big smile as he walks toward me. He takes the seat next to me, and I 'sigh' with a smile.
"You hate me or something?" He asks, pulling out a fresh new journal from his bag.
"I don't hate you, I loathe you." I reply. Jax rolls his eyes.

Science isn't really his thing, which makes me wonder why he's even here. Like I've said, I like Science, to me it's not just about learning atoms and genetics and whatnot, the liking was naturally in my system. It's fascinating with what you can combine it with, like Science and Math.

I scribble down the notes on the board, as Mrs. Laster talks and write at the same time.
"Did you guys know that Radiation is the strongest radioactivity," Mrs. Laster asks. My head shot up in her direction. I raise my hand.

"Yes, Kerry?" Mrs. Laster says, half turned around.
"Radiation is not the strongest of its kind," I say. From the corner of my eye I see Jax cover his smirk with his fist. Mrs. Laster turned to face me.
"Excuse me?" She says, sounding a bit offended.
"Uh... Radiation is not the strongest," I repeat, leaning back into my chair.
"Then what is it?" Mrs. Laster asks, hands on her hip. My face flushes, and I start to shake on the inside.
"Gamma Radiation," I answer. Mrs. Laster raises her eyebrows, but keeps a stare on me.
"Mind explaining to the class?" She asks sarcastically. I open my mouth, but it turns into a gap. "Come here." Mrs. Laster gestures towards her.

I can feel my face start to turn red, as I stand up, and walk to the front of the class. The feeling of tears enter my eyes, but I hold them back. My body starts to shake, as so does my voice. Every person in the room has their eyes on me. My heart starts pumping, nearing the aching part. "G-Gammma can be b-blocked by concrete, bricks, and l-lead. Not being protected by... those things, can kill you. Uh... Doctors have you wear those... Cover things when getting X-rayed, because you can get cancer. Someone who wouldn't be protected by Gamma in the formal way could die. Will die.

"Gamma is in Alpha and Beta decay. It's carried in the Radon two hundred twenty-two nucleus. The Alpha particle — helium four — combines with the Radon. In Beta decay, Carbon fourteen sends out negatively charged Beta particles with Gamma rays. And Gamma decay is the release of Gamma rays. Just light and energy." The class goes silent again. Some kids smile and whisper, as other kids hold back their laughter. I look to Jax, who starts clapping. The other kids join him. Some kids start hollering my name as the bell rings. I hurry to my table, grab my things, and walk with Jax out of the classroom.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************

OH MY GOSH OK SO TODAY WE GOT TO CHOOSE BOOKS TO READ IN CLASS AND THIS BOOK CALLED A WRINKLE IN TIME HAD AN OBJECT CALL THE TESSERACT WITH DIMENSIONS!!!!!
I WAS FANGIRLING SO FREAKIN HARD AND I THINK I WAS THE ONLY GIRL WHO WAS TRYING NOT TO SCREAM
IF YOU ALREADY KNEW THIS THEN SORRY BUT OH MY GAWD!

(Omg how happy was I ^^ 🙈)