15

I went back to school on Thursday. There was shaky feeling in my knees, and because of that I kept fumbling to every class. In Religion, my leg was jittering, which made my heel hit the ground, making an irritating noise. Plus my eyes are hurting. Every time I move my eyes, they strain.

I sit at the lunch table outside, alone rubbing my eyes. "Hello Miss Banner!" I hear. Even though it hurts, I look to see Jax and Levi now sitting across from me. Levi begins to eat as I put my hands to my head and sigh.
"Are you ok?" Jax asks.
Levi looks up at me. "Oh dear God, please tell me you're not gonna vomit again."
"No." I groan. Looking up at them, Jax's facial expression changes. "What?"
Jax shrugs. "I don't know... I mean, something's different about you..." he said, "I just can't put my finger on it."

*************

Throughout the whole day my eyes feel like they're being pulled by their muscular strings. Rubbing my eyes again, I walk down the halls with Jax and Levi. The bell had just rang, having the hallways to be filled with kids rushing to get home.

"Are you sure you're — "
"Yes Jax, I am perfectly fine. My eyeballs may broken, but I am fine!" I snapped. Sighing, I turn my head to the boys. "I'll be out in a few, you guys go ahead." I say. Jax nodded and continued walking with Levi as I made my way to the girl's bathroom. Once in the bathroom, I try not to think of what happened two days ago when I came in here the last time. Looking into a mirror, my fingers rub my temples, as I get a good look at my eyes.

My light brown eyes weren't there anymore. My eyeballs were in their sockets, but instead of brown, they were an unnatural green. I rubbed my eyes to make sure that this wasn't a dream. Eyes can change color, but this is ridiculous.

Making my way out of the bathroom, I head down to the front doors. I walk to the end of the property, but stopping before crossing the road. Jax and Levi were talking to Dad. Grunting, I shake my head as I walk over.
"...Yeah, I mean, she's annoying and stubborn, but we love her." Levi says, shrugging his shoulder.
"Come again?" I ask, walking up right next to Levi.
Both boys turn around. Jax laughs and looks to Levi, who grits his teeth. "Uhhh..." Levi says.
"I thought we went over this, remember? You're the annoying one." I tell him. Dad was chuckling.
"What were you guys talking about?" I ask.
"You," Jax said.
I tilted my head with a smirk playing on my lips. "How many times have I said not to brag about me?"
Jax laughs and I smile.

"Ready Kiddo?" Dad asks, as I hear the keys jingle in his hand.
"Yep," I reply.
Dad turns to the boys. "See you guys later." I wave to the boys as we part. Opening the passenger side door, I hear Jax yell, "I guess we'll never know what's different!" I cringe, but then force a smile as I remember what. Something's different alright.

As Dad pulled the car out of the parking lot, I flipped the mirror down to see the dark green irises around my pupils. I've had brown eyes my whole life, they can't change a whole other color. Flipping the mirror back up, I slouch in the seat, looking out the window.
"Did you feel better today?" Dad asked. I look over and nod, forcing a smile. A thought hits me: Dad had this whole week off, and only spent it with me being sick. "Hey," I say, looking at Dad. He looks at me. "I'm sorry that you didn't get a time off that everyone wants. Like when I got sick, why would you want to spend it with me? I mean, I'm very fun."
Dad laughs. "It's okay Babe, I really liked having you around with me," he said. I smiled.
"I mean, you are a weird kid," he added.
"I'm not weird, I'm limited edition." I retort. Dad keeps laughing as I release a few giggles.

*************

      When we got home, Dad was telling me what Jax and Levi were saying about me. "Levi was talking about how you're always a Smart Alec, then he got to the point of how annoying you are, and then you came and busted him." Dad explained.
I jokingly scoffed. "He's just jealous of me!" Dad laughs. "What did Jax say?"
Dad looks at me, then his eyes trail off to the left and think. "About you?" I nod. "Well, he just said how humorous you are."
I smiled.
"Why?" Dad asks.
I shrug. "I don't know."

******************************************************************************************************

( oh man that edit looks baaad 😂 oh well )