4

"Dumb and Dumber? Or 21 Jump Street?" Levi asked. I was sitting on Levi's couch next to Jax. Right after I had finished my homework, I came right down to the third floor and Levi's apartment. It was like mine, maybe a bit smaller. Or maybe it's how much family he has living with him. Levi has 4 siblings: Lola, Lana, Lacey, and Harrison. His three sisters are triplets and are the middle children, or... Whatever you call triplets that are second children. Harrison is the youngest, and in the first grade. Being honest, he's my favorite.

"What do you think?" Jax asks me. I perk up and stare at his brown eyes. "Hm?" I ask.
"Do you ever listen?" Levi asked, shuffling the two movies in his hands.
I scoffed, "Well I'm sorry I have the attention span of a goldfish." Levi opened the case of Dumb and Dumber and put the black tape in the VCR. While the previews played, out of nowhere, Jax says, "You know, I like to think back to second grade when we all first met." I looked at him, bewildered, as Levi did the same.

"We did not meet in second grade," Levi says, scoffing. I look to Jax with a joking smirk on my face. "Yeah," I say.
"We met in kindergarten!" Levi exclaims. My head snaps towards Levi, who smiles thinking he has the correct answer. "What? No!" I yell back at him. Both boys look at each other, then to me, with baffled expressions. "Yeah, we did," Levi retorts.
"No you idiot!" I say, throwing one of the pillows from the couch at him.
"Ok Miss Know-It-All, when did we meet?" Jax asks, shifting on the couch to face me. I bring my knees towards my chest. "You guys don't remember? I still remember the first time we met." I say.

My feet hit the hot grounds of the black top. My skirt — that I would never wear in a million years — was bobbing up and down with my movements. I didn't want to play with the other girls, who were older than me, I wanted to actually make friends for the first time in my life. I wanted to try something different. Over at a basketball rim, I saw two little boys playing with each other, trying to be the first to make a basket. Skipping over to the hoop, as the boys failed to shoot the basket, I spoke to them. "Hey," I said. They looked at me like I was a four year old. I was a year younger than them, and in the first grade. "Can I play?" Jax cringed at me, as Levi crinkled up his nose, as if a foul smell had emanated into the air.
"No, you're a girl," Jax said. I had started becoming cross with him. "So?" I asked.
"Girls can't play basketball." Levi snapped. Knowing I was losing the argument, I sighed. "Pleeeease?"
"No!" Levi and Jax yelled. I was pretty bummed, as the normal little girl would be. So, I began to play with myself. I grabbed a basketball from the old plastic container that held jump ropes, sports balls, and bouncy ball. I went to the opposite side of the black top, where another basketball rim stood. Jax and Levi were watching me, and I had no shame or embarrassment as I perfected a 'granny shot', and having the ball touch the net.
"Whoa!" Jax cried, "She touched the net!"
"Wow!" Levi cried. Both boys walked over with their basketball ball.
"Sorry we were mean to you." Jax mumbled of embarrassment. Levi nodded with him, and mumbled an apology also.
I nodded. "It's okay."
"Can we play with you over here?" Jax asked. A big smile had crossed my face, as I knew a friendship had blossomed.
"Yeah!" I replied, giggling.
"I'm Jax," Jax smiled a grin with a missing front tooth.
"And I'm Levi," Levi giggled, with his high pitched voice sounding like a squeaky toy. I smiled wide at the two boys. "I'm Kerry Banner,"

I had Jax and Levi laughing by the end of the story. My face was turning red of embarrassment, and because I was laughing so hard. "Oh my God, I totally remember!" Levi laughed, as he was laying on his back, arms covering his eyes.
"Lord, that was a long time ago!" Jax laughs, trying to catch his breath. Both boys laughed for a whole two minutes. "Oh my God," Levi choked, trying to get all the laughs out. My laughs died down, just as the boys' had. "Yeah, we met in the first grade," I say, giggling. As the movie played, I start to think about how long we really have been friends. Eight years! I've known these losers for eight years!

*************

     "Shouldn't you be going home?" Dalia asked Bruce, as she looked at the time. Bruce looked at the clock: twelve thirty am. Bruce shrugged. "I don't know, the latest I get back is one or so," Dalia was a taken aback. It was as if Bruce didn't care what time he usually got back, especially if he had a child.
"Well, don't you have a daughter? I'm pretty sure that's not just a random girl you have framed at your desk." Dalia giggled. Bruce smiled, and looked at the picture of Kerry. The picture was taken when Kerry was thirteen, and in the eighth grade. Bruce loved the length of her hair. Her brown locks were passed her shoulders a little bit, and had no dead ends.

Bruce was amazed to see that it never had become curly like his. He also had the theory her hair was in such good condition, because of the Gamma Radiation, which made his hair curly. Bruce's hair would become incredibly long after a Hulk-Out; he also had the thought of Kerry's hair growing incredibly long. Whatever length it was at now, he knew she had to cut it.

"Come on, I'll stay here, and you go." Dalia said, walking over to Bruce. She was now next to him; his heart started to beat with rhythm. She was standing close to him. "Come on," Dalia urged, pushing Bruce by the shoulder. "Go!"
Bruce smiled at her, and gave in. "Alright." Taking off his lab coat, Bruce finally felt free of the stress and tiredness that was always shadowing him, day after day. Dalia smiled, taking his lab coat from his hands. "Don't come back until you look, and feel better." Bruce raised an eyebrow at her.
"Wow. I've only known you for a day and you think I look horrible already." He said. "You shouldn't say that to your boss." Dalia laughed, covering her mouth with her hand. Bruce let her laughter echo in his ears. His heart started to flutter.

At the double exit doors, Bruce turned around, and gave his assistance a thumbs up. Dalia giggled as she and Bruce said their goodbyes and good luck. Shaking her head, Dalia laughed. "He's cute." She then went to work. It was hard to focus, as she realized Bruce was a very smart man, considering how specific his notes were. Dalia tried to find ways that couldn't lead to one of his explanations, and theories. She laughed to herself, realizing they did indeed make sense. "Bruce Banner, you are a very smart man..." Dalia smiled.

********************************************************************************************************

Yas I made this chapter longer! Having fun editing this book, hopefully you new readers will have a more fresh idea if everything 👍🏻
Thanks guys ✌🏻️