42

New York was dark now, with the moon as the only light source outside a couple blocks from my apartment building. The street lights weren't so bright, but they were bright enough to make out the outline of Jax and Levi walking towards me.
      "Banner!" Levi calls out breathlessly. "Are you crazy?"
      "Levi!" Jax snaps then looks over at me. "Are you okay?"
      I sniff, "Yeah, I just got in a fight with my dad, and I'm scared that he's angry,"
      Jax and Levi look at each other, and I see both fear and confusion.
      "What?" I ask.
      "Is he. . ." Levi hesitates, "hurting you?"
      "No!" I exclaim, "Never! I just—"
      "So why's he mad?" Jax asks, "What were you fighting about?"
      I freeze as I threw myself into a dark hole. Now what?
"I. . .um. . ." I had no words. I looked like a fool as I shivered in the October wind. Levi stares at me with a raised brow.
"Are you not going to tell us?" He asks. I start to stutter before he rolls his eyes. "Why make us come out here worrying about you and then not tell us the problem?"
Jax looked down at me, his brown eyes frowning just like his lips. "Yeah," he said. "Come to think of it, this happens quite a lot with you,"
"What?" I ask in shock.
"We've asked numerous times if you're okay, and you always respond with the same thing. I'm getting really tired of my best friend not telling us the truth. What happened? We used to tell each other everything," Jax says, huffing with anger.
"I don't remember asking you guys to make me feel like shit!" I yell.
"What the hell?" Levi asks, "When did you become so bipolar?" I gasp and glare at him. "I'm serious! You used to be you, but since your dad came back you've been so reserved and secretive!"
My hands go to my temples as my head hangs low. "Please, guys, I can't handle another fight the same night," tears start forming at the base of my eyes.
"If you don't want to fight then tell us the matter!" Jax exclaims.
"You don't understand!" I sob. "I can't! Dad would be compromised! You'd think I'm insane!"
"I'm sure we're far from that now," Levi says, "I think you're a drama queen,"
"You guys don't need to pry into every problem of my life!"
"But you want to complain about it," Jax says, "and cry, and whine, and tell us but then you don't. Could you please pick a side?"
"Wait," Levi says, shaking his head. "Why would Bruce be. . .compromised?"
"I want to tell you so bad," I sob as tears fall down my cheeks. "I promised my dad I wouldn't, because I don't want to you guys to get hurt,"
      "I think we can handle ourselves, but you act like you're trying to save us from something awful, but you won't tell us what that is! Nobody here is a superhero, so I don't think you're situation is that bad!" Levi exclaims.
      "Maybe we should tell Bruce—"
      "No!" I scream.
      "So tell us!" Jax screeches. "We're not getting anywhere! We can't help you and you can't help us if you don't explain the matter!" 
      I start sobbing, covering my eyes and mouth with my hands. "I can't tell you! I'm sorry! I-I just need comfort right now, and you're my friends, I-I thought—"
      "Come on Jax, lets go—"
      "What?" I ask. "You're leaving me?"
      "We're getting nowhere in this fight, that is, unless you tell us the big problem!" Levi yells.
      "Fine!" I yell. "Leave! I'm sorry I needed the comfort of my friends!"
      "We're sorry we wasted time on you!" Levi shouts back, already walking away.
      "Are you leaving me?" I turn to Jax, who had his eyes on Levi. He looked at me with pursed lips.
      "I can't help you if you have all these secrets, I'm sorry." Jax whispers.
      I sniff hard and curl in my lips. Wiping my eyes I clear my throat. "I'm sorry I ever gave you a chance." Jax stared at me, his brows furrowing down. With a shake of his head he turned his back to me, walking away with Levi.

*************

      The night grew colder as I walked slower on my way back to my apartment building. As I turned a corner, so did a pair of headlights. The engine hums softly and then comes to a stop. If it was anyone else I would've started running, but I had the feeling it was Dad. Turning around I see his car stopped along the curb and opening the passenger door was Dalia.
She opens approaches me, and I do the same, but hug her tightly and cry into her shoulder. Dalia hugs me back tightly and brushes my hair. Over her shoulder I see Dad standing on the driver's side, looking at me with sad eyes. I looked down at the ground as Dalia rubbed her hand up and down my back like a mother.
*****************************************************************************************************************
Another one edited!! :D